Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aussie moving to Limerick..

• 12-08-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Heya,

I'd love some tips on where is good to live and play in Limerick.

Need: flat, job, friends, fun & adventure.

Help!!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Welcome tonnes of flats and apartments around in the city center and the nicer suburbs Ennis Road, Castletroy, Dooradoyle, Clareview to name a few.

Job wise unless you have a specific occupation afraid you might struggle to get one.

Look at the stickies loads to do in and around the city for entertainment and sports wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 aussie_mella

Cool, thanks.

Would you suggest city centre as opposed to those suburbs? I guess depends on work too...Looking for recruitment/hr admin/finance type jobs.

Are rent prices quite high for city centre flats? Not sure if I should go flatshare or on my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

You might base where you rent on your hobbies too? If you like to do outdoors stuff, maybe the suburbs could be better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Cool, thanks.

Would you suggest city centre as opposed to those suburbs? I guess depends on work too...Looking for recruitment/hr admin/finance type jobs.

Are rent prices quite high for city centre flats? Not sure if I should go flatshare or on my own.

You'd get a 2 bed apt in city centre for about €500. Jobs market here is very weak though.

Ohh good thinking re hobbies - music and photography are the stand outs just now. Definitely want to join a gym...or find an apartment with a gym.
    I heard Limerick has a roller derby team...? That's a heap of fun to watch - the Glasgow teams are a riot! I'd love to play, except turning is my downfall... :P

Liammur - awesome, that's a great price! So rent.ie and daft.ie are the best for flat hunting, yeah?
    Haha, I'm ignoring your bit about the *ahem* super duper strong job market - I will find work!! HA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

We have someone interested in photography..? And is looking for friends..? I like photography and friends..! :D

Yay! Look everyone I got me a friend! :D

Btw, Welcome! I'm Cillian AKA Snipe, I'm the loveable, hated town idiot! :D

Nice little music scene in town too if you want to get involved. I'm sure there are some John Butler Trio, Powderfringer, or Augie March fans knocking around ;)

seachto7 that is really great to hear! Where do you suggest are the best spots to see the local and then the bigger bands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Dolans would be a good start.

Welcome, antipodean.

seachto7 that is really great to hear! Where do you suggest are the best spots to see the local and then the bigger bands?

Burkes, The Office, Cobblestone Joe's, Dolans, all do original music, but plenty of covers bands around too. Not sure any of them will have JBT or Powderfinger, but I have been known to throw out a few of their riffs playing gigs, so it'll be the luck of the draw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

And the blind pig too.

yup, forgot about the Pig, sorry about that

The Snipe wrote: »
    We have someone interested in photography..? And is looking for friends..? I like photography and friends..! :D

Yay! Look everyone I got me a friend! :D

Btw, Welcome! I'm Cillian AKA Snipe, I'm the loveable, hated town idiot! :D

Haha Cillian, there is always one eh! :P

What do you photograph?

peckerhead wrote: »
    Dolans would be a good start.

Welcome, antipodean.

Awesome, I'll be sure to check it out!

seachto7 wrote: »
    Burkes, The Office, Cobblestone Joe's, Dolans, all do original music, but plenty of covers bands around too. Not sure any of them will have JBT or Powderfinger, but I have been known to throw out a few of their riffs playing gigs, so it'll be the luck of the draw!

Awesome, thanks heaps! Luck of the draw, hey - the best kind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

There's a roller derby team for girls alright. City centre is the best place to live. O'Callaghan Strand or Clancy Strand would be my choices. Welcome to the city. Hope you enjoy your time here :)

Advertisement