Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPU Problem

Options
  • 12-08-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some help with a GPU problem I'm having. I bought a full rig from Hardwareversand a few weeks ago, received it 2 weeks ago, built it ( my first time building) and haven't had any problems until this morning.

I was playing a game when the screen suddenly went blank and one of the fans was spinning very fast, so i quickly powered off.

The GPU is a Powercolour HD6870. Since then, there is no output from the GPU on either of the DVI slots or from the HDMI, and the fan does spin up on it. I took it out and re-fitted and checked all the connections, but still nothing. I was also using CPUID HWMonitor to check temps before, and the GPU doesn't register on it anymore either.

I'm thinking that it's failed, but I'm no expert so came on here looking for advice, so any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Sounds like its gone pop alright - can you test it in another machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dirtjmpr

Only other desktop i have access to is about 10 years old, so afraid not :D

Suppose I'll fire off an email to see about replacing it. Any idea how long it usually takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its very unlikely, but just in case its a software fault try booting a 'nix live disk. Just to be sure to be sure like.

Advertisement