Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Airticity website

• 12-08-2012 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

What do you guys think of the Airtricity website? Granted it looks good, but it's starting to do my head in with all the incorrect info, bad links, slow updates etc.

What company should I send my complaint to? The FAI cannot get anything right!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Should juat use extratime.ie really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Complete waste of Internet space

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Shows how much the FAI care about the highest level of football in the country. Shame on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

its use of frames troubles and baffles me in equal measures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Useless site. As mentioned above, extratime.ie is the most accurate website for LOI

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

The way they've just ripped the Monaghan Crest out of the top banner is really amateur - you can see a dirty smudge where some cack handed clown went to work on that part of the jpg with the brush tool in Microsoft paint. So shabby.

http://www.airtricityleague.ie/templates/leagueofireland/images/loinetwork_crests.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mushy wrote: »
    Should juat use extratime.ie really
    To be fair, extratime is never going to be a particularly good website until they stop having fans of a particular team do the match reviews. Its a grand oul website in terms of the fact that there is nothing else, but on an objective basis, it isn't great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

born2bwild wrote: »
    The way they've just ripped the Monaghan Crest out of the top banner is really amateur - you can see a dirty smudge where some cack handed clown went to work on that part of the jpg with the brush tool in Microsoft paint. So shabby.

http://www.airtricityleague.ie/templates/leagueofireland/images/loinetwork_crests.jpg

That is incredibly unprofessional and lazy. Shocking actually.

I wonder is this done in-house by the FAI or are they paying one of their mates big bucks for it.

Extratime is far better alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

CSF wrote: »
    To be fair, extratime is never going to be a particularly good website until they stop having fans of a particular team do the match reviews. Its a grand oul website in terms of the fact that there is nothing else, but on an objective basis, it isn't great.

They haven't got the money to pay professional journalists though, anyway, on match nights it's better than Errortel for scores, better than anything else for updates on a Friday evening etc.

I'd love them to do an online streaming version of what RTE Long Wave used to do on Friday evenings - one commentary match and then actual live reports as goals go in at other venues.

Or even a "Soccer Saturday" type show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

A shocking piece of work.

Go to the stats centre and it only gives one page of 12 ( all positions are "Out Field" ) players press next and nothing.
    http://inform.fai.ie/Statsportal/Players.aspx
    Listed as clubs Sporting Fingal and Kildare County, Monaghan UTD, Galway United and SD Galway :pac:
    Go to news centre for a 404.
    http://www.airtricityleague.ie/index.php/news-center:mad:

And from its information page updated Firday 20 Feb 2009 at 01.07

"The Airtricity League has been under the control of the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) since 2006. As such, the League benefits from the wide range of departments that exist within the FAI, including Commercial, Communications, Legal, Finance, IT and Technical."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

That is appalling. I'm going to contact the FAI this evening to make a complaint. Airtricity must be pretty annoyed to be associated with such carp too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Des wrote: »
    They haven't got the money to pay professional journalists though, anyway, on match nights it's better than Errortel for scores, better than anything else for updates on a Friday evening etc.

I'd love them to do an online streaming version of what RTE Long Wave used to do on Friday evenings - one commentary match and then actual live reports as goals go in at other venues.

Or even a "Soccer Saturday" type show.
    As I said, I'm not saying the website is crap. But the match reports are very hard to take seriously.

Advertisement