Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas to make it extra special for my sister

Options
  • 12-08-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi,

My sister just loves Christmas and I'm looking for ideas on how to make it extra special for her this year. Last year she had a huge operation on the 30th December and despite my best efforts to make Christmas nice, we were all so anxious and worried about what lay ahead, that our hearts just weren't in it.

Thankfully all went well with her operation and recovery (she's an amazing woman that I'm so proud of) so we're determind to have the best, most Christmassy Christmas ever this year.

If money were no object, we'd be straight on a plane to Lapland however, my spanish/nigerian lotto winnings haven't come through yet ;)

I'd really appreciate any ideas of things to do, places/events/shows to go to etc. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Oh I just love Christmas!!!
    How about doing a 12 days of Christmas and plan something for each of the days.Is there a place near you that does Santa but with the whole theme thing around it.Book for later in the evening when you get the real Christmassy feel and then dinner after.Be kids for a day..
    Panto..Have to go to a panto..Again gives you the excited feel of Christmas you had as a kid..
    Have one or two dinner evenings at family/friend(trying to remember budget)
    And perhaps present her with a Christmas ornament each event so that not only will she enjoy this christmas but she will always remember it each year when she decorates...

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

jluv wrote: »
    Oh I just love Christmas!!!
    How about doing a 12 days of Christmas and plan something for each of the days.Is there a place near you that does Santa but with the whole theme thing around it.Book for later in the evening when you get the real Christmassy feel and then dinner after.Be kids for a day..
    Panto..Have to go to a panto..Again gives you the excited feel of Christmas you had as a kid..
    Have one or two dinner evenings at family/friend(trying to remember budget)
    And perhaps present her with a Christmas ornament each event so that not only will she enjoy this christmas but she will always remember it each year when she decorates...

+1

What about trying to find her favourite childhood toy on ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

Lucyn wrote: »
    Hi,

My sister just loves Christmas and I'm looking for ideas on how to make it extra special for her this year. Last year she had a huge operation on the 30th December and despite my best efforts to make Christmas nice, we were all so anxious and worried about what lay ahead, that our hearts just weren't in it.

Thankfully all went well with her operation and recovery (she's an amazing woman that I'm so proud of) so we're determind to have the best, most Christmassy Christmas ever this year.

If money were no object, we'd be straight on a plane to Lapland however, my spanish/nigerian lotto winnings haven't come through yet ;)

I'd really appreciate any ideas of things to do, places/events/shows to go to etc. Thanks

maybe you could get a star named after her.......

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

Oh I'm all excited now! They're fantastic ideas. I'm going to do them all! She'll be delighted. Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Do you mind me asking what area you are from? It would just help if any good things are happening in an area then we can maybe highlight then to you. Our family are real Christmassy people. My sister starts around now to plan Christmas. Expect the call any day now to see where we will eat on Christmas eve!!.I'm just not that organized..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Well if you're based in or around Dublin, keep an eye out in places like the National Concert Hall for Christmas Carol Singalongs. Always a good bit of fun!

The Taste of Christmas should be on again this year too, that's a nice afternoon out to get into the Christmas vibe.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Alicat wrote: »

The Taste of Christmas should be on again this year too, that's a nice afternoon out to get into the Christmas vibe.

Sounds nice, what exactly is it? :pac:

Advertisement