Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bishopstown to Blackrock Castle

Options
  • 12-08-2012 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've to be at BC tomorrow by 6, coming from Btown, can anyone tell me if I'm better off staying on the south ring all the way to Mahon Point, or getting off at Douglas and following Well/Skehard roads?

I'm trying to remember whether traffic is heavier around the Douglas turnoff than the Mahon Point turnoff, but I don't really pay much attention when going by both of them every day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

corblimey wrote: »
    I've to be at BC tomorrow by 6, coming from Btown, can anyone tell me if I'm better off staying on the south ring all the way to Mahon Point, or getting off at Douglas and following Well/Skehard roads?

I'm trying to remember whether traffic is heavier around the Douglas turnoff than the Mahon Point turnoff, but I don't really pay much attention when going by both of them every day.

I'd get off at MP. There's v little traffic coming into Blackrock at that time in comparison to the huge traffic queues to get to the tunnel. You should experience very few delays in your direction. If you get off at Douglas and go down the Skehard Road, you could end up getting caught in the queue to turn down to MP, though its not as bad at the moment with the schools off and folks on holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Personally I'd avoid the link altogether at that time if travelling from B'town to BR .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I do this journey regularly, at that time. There's very little traffic at the moment on the south ring, so stay on there till MP and you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Stay on the link and come off at mahon point, well road / skehard road is a mess with the roadworks.

Advertisement