Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC specs - Good or not

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

BenMcCabe wrote: »
    Like I don't need a top class PC, I need something that can play most games at decent settings and stuff.
    I was told that my specs could play most games at high settings, what do you think?

I don't mean to sound like a dick but why are you asking for advice and then taking none of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 BenMcCabe

I'd rather hear from different people to get opinions than off one person

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

I'd rather hear from different people to get opinions than off one person

Sounds like you'd rather hear from yourself... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 BenMcCabe

Eboggles wrote: »
    Sounds like you'd rather hear from yourself... :(

I wouldn't like to hear from myself because I know absolutely nothing to do with PCs so that would only end up bad.
    It's my first major gaming PC, the one I have now has been a family PC that I use most so I wanted to invest in a gaming PC.
    It's all out of my own money so I'd rather spend time asking different people what they think and what they would buy.
    Don't mean to offend or insult anyone by not picking there recommendations or completely going against them but I just want the perfect PC for my money if you understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

I wouldn't like to hear from myself because I know absolutely nothing to do with PCs so that would only end up bad.
    It's my first major gaming PC, the one I have now has been a family PC that I use most so I wanted to invest in a gaming PC.
    It's all out of my own money so I'd rather spend time asking different people what they think and what they would buy.
    Don't mean to offend or insult anyone by not picking there recommendations or completely going against them but I just want the perfect PC for my money if you understand.

We're not insulted if you don't go with our particular builds but you don't seem to be heeding any of our advice at all. We've each given you at least one build. Most of the components are common throughout all of the builds. You asked for a build, we gave you multiple builds. You asked questions, we gave you answers. Now, it seems like you want more builds. I'm not angry or annoyed, I'm just confused as to what information or help you'd like from us that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

It's no skin of our nose if you go for a crappy build - we just don;t like seeing people ripped off or making crap decisions.

There is no point in going for non-unlocked Ivybridge CPUs - they are exactly the same as the K series with a locked clock speed.

PSUs - Monotype has written pages on this you don't seem to have read them. I linked you sever articles on CPUs you didn't read them.

If you want to go with what your mate recommends do so - the consensus here is he's wrong. Who's advise you buy is your own business. I myself came here after a massive argument which after Shadow decided to stop being insulting and actually explain stuff :D I was proved wrong. That said its not the most disastrous build I've ever seen - why not get him to link you to the reviews he's used and decide for yourself.

CL7 10666 RAM on an Intel i5 Ivybridge:
    216737.jpg

That directed at your mate not you :D - Tell him to create an account and come and have a chat we'll point him in the right direction. If he still thinks he's right go with what he's telling you.

Advertisement