Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEFL or CELTA

Options
  • 12-08-2012 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

‎... Question: Which is better TEFL or CELTA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is a TEFL (Teaching English as a foreign language) course. So there are lots of TEFL courses and the CELTA qualification is one of these. My brother did the CELTA course, it's pretty good and is probably one of the best TEFL qualification to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Riddler87

Cheers El Sligo. I was confused by the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭howaya

hi Riddler - realize your question was answered, but thought to say that the CELTA course is very demanding and more expensive than other options. I did one, but never pursued teaching work. If you sought to go abroad, from what I understand you could secure work without such a qualification or with a lesser one if have an undergraduate degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me where I can find out dates of availability for CELTA courses in Dublin city centre. I am hoping to teach abroad moving in early 2013 and would like to do my certification soon.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

COYW wrote: »
    Hi all,

Can anyone tell me where I can find out dates of availability for CELTA courses in Dublin city centre. I am hoping to teach abroad moving in early 2013 and would like to do my certification soon.

Many thanks.

http://www.ihdublin.com/ihdublin/Main/CELTA.htm

Where are you thinking of going abroad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

MooShop wrote: »
    http://www.ihdublin.com/ihdublin/Main/CELTA.htm

Where are you thinking of going abroad?

I would like to take a year out from my current career and build on the small amount of teaching experience I have. I also have strong French, in which I would like to gain fluency. TEFL in France is perfect for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

Sounds good. Best of luck with it.

Advertisement