Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot to take money out of ATM

Options
  • 12-08-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Was at a National Irish Bank atm yesterday around hakf 3 i used my BOI card to withdraw a hundred quid

I actually forgot to take the money out of the machine, what happens now? What do i do?

Cant believe i didnt take the money but the transaction is gone through as if i took it out which is understandable, will this automatically go back into my account providing no one actually took it from the machine? There was no one around

How would i go about sorting this?

Thanks,
    Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

ghogie91 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Was at a National Irish Bank atm yesterday around hakf 3 i used my BOI card to withdraw a hundred quid

I actually forgot to take the money out of the machine, what happens now? What do i do?

Cant believe i didnt take the money but the transaction is gone through as if i took it out which is understandable, will this automatically go back into my account providing no one actually took it from the machine? There was no one around

How would i go about sorting this?

Thanks,
    Gary

Happens a lot. Ring your bank with the details and they'll request a balance on the ATM. It'll show €100 over and the bank will arrange to credit it back

It's not difficult to sort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Gary,

Thanks for contacting us.

As JustAddWater mentions, I would advise calling Banking 365 on 0818 365 365.
    The representative will take some details and offer assistance.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Erm, how does someone forget to take 100 quid out of the ATM? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Thanks for the help i called and al was sorted providing no one actually lifted the cash after I walked away, which I don't thinkhappened

I know like I feel so stupid its the stupid national Irish bank slowness and step after step before the money comes out... Ya do feel like a parking cone after doing it and I had a tattoo booked in 2 hours after.... A plank I was

Hi Gary,

Thanks for contacting us.

As JustAddWater mentions, I would advise calling Banking 365 on 0818 365 365.
    The representative will take some details and offer assistance.

Thanks

Billy

Man Billy!

would you know how long this takes?

Man gotta eat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

I done this once in a hurry, read somewhere that you have 40 seconds to take cash and then the machine retracts it back in. Anyhow, mine was back in my account within a day from what i can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭N17er

I did this with 200 bills. was putting it in a wedding card. left it in the facking machine and walked off. took 5 mins to realise and rang aib. they said ig was taken out. Atm starts beeping if you don't take it and then sucks it back in. Person behind me in the queue obviously got it. couldn't believe their luck id say. hopefully karma gets the c*nt. 400 bills that wedding card cost me.

Hi Gary,

Normally the ATM runs a check and if it doesn't balance correctly, it re-credits the funds back to your account, providing the next person at the machine didn't take it. As you mention this is unlikely as the money is usually taken back fairly quickly. It can take a few days for this to happen. If you don't see the funds within 5 working days, please let Banking 365 know and they will complete an ATM Query Form.

Thanks

Billy

Hi Gary,

Normally the ATM runs a check and if it doesn't balance correctly, it re-credits the funds back to your account, providing the next person at the machine didn't take it. As you mention this is unlikely as the money is usually taken back fairly quickly. It can take a few days for this to happen. If you don't see the funds within 5 working days, please let Banking 365 know and they will complete an ATM Query Form.

Thanks

Billy

Cheers Billy, well its been 7 days (5 working days), i called this day last week to report the missing money and still nothing back in the account, ill ask for an ATM query form, just wanna really know if it was actually taken out by the next lad or is there 100 beans floating around there not allocated to my specific account

Hi Gary,

As the funds haven't been credited back to your account, I would advise calling Banking 365 and asking the agent to complete the ATM Query Form.

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
Advertisement