Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane to have 2 dates in 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Don't believe a word of it until it's confirmed, Henry spouts this crap all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Swedish House mafia!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

not a hope having 2 gigs with the amount of work it takes to set up one, leave everything there for 2 months, too much stock for MCD not to have in their inventory for that long. With oxegen back next year also it will be needed there in early July. That stuff literally goes from gig to gig all year round.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

srumball wrote: »
    not a hope having 2 gigs with the amount of work it takes to set up one, leave everything there for 2 months, too much stock for MCD not to have in their inventory for that long. With oxegen back next year also it will be needed there in early July. That stuff literally goes from gig to gig all year round.

They wont leave everything , once one gig is over they will tear the place down , the re-build it for the 2nd gig

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They wont leave everything , once one gig is over they will tear the place down , the re-build it for the 2nd gig

In this day and age where MCD are watching every penny that's just not feasable. IF they do have 2 gigs it'll be on consecutive weekends, and they'll keep the arena and stage all set up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 garronamo

that laughable kip! don't get me started on the 80,000 morons who went to see robbie williams in 1999 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

garronamo wrote: »
    don't get me started on the 80,000 morons who went to see robbie williams in 1999 :)

OK, we won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

srumball wrote: »
    With oxegen back next year .

What?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

that laughable kip! don't get me started on the 80,000 morons who went to see robbie williams in 1999 :)

Robbie Williams is good, the only Slane I wasn't impressed by was Madonna.

Can't see there being two next year myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

It would take something very special for me to go to a gig in this kip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Metallica......NOT. I wouldn't go to that kip to see them. Went twice in the 90s when it was better organised. Now these gigs are taken over by far too many scummers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Oi! I was at that ya little pup.

Slane did hold two dates in the venue before:

U2 held two gigs on seperate weekends back in the early 00's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

One thing for certain ... if there are 2 dates , you'll need wellies for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

The Script!! Yeah Baby

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

79,998, mate and I were there and we're not morans. I take it you were there since you know went down, are you counting you self in that number?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

The grammer of your post begs to differ with your sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

scudzilla wrote: »
    In this day and age where MCD are watching every penny that's just not feasable. IF they do have 2 gigs it'll be on consecutive weekends, and they'll keep the arena and stage all set up
    How wouldn't it be feasible? If they only had one gig then they'd have to set-up everything the day before and tear everything down after the event anyway? I assume they'd have a profit margin on one gig so they'd just treat it as two separate gigs with same amount of work required for both.

Of course they'd make more money if they ran it on consecutive weekends but I wouldn't call it unfeasible to run them completely separate.

AdMMM wrote: »
    How wouldn't it be feasible? If they only had one gig then they'd have to set-up everything the day before and tear everything down after the event anyway? I assume they'd have a profit margin on one gig so they'd just treat it as two separate gigs with same amount of work required for both.

Of course they'd make more money if they ran it on consecutive weekends but I wouldn't call it unfeasible to run them completely separate.

That's what happened with the U2 gigs. Two separate weekends, two completely different set of support acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'd say it's more likely MCD have preliminarily booked it for 2 different dates to keep their options open. after that they'll decide who/when the gig will be.

Mountcharles has essentially nothing to do with the gig itself and talks complete sh1te constantly, so I wouldn't believe anything he says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

The grammer of your post begs to differ with your sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

leakyboots wrote: »

Haha, you got me there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

The Rolling Stones for Slane 2013...
    FVCK YEAH!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

ac/dc:D

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

I would love to see the Coronas play Slane next year! They should have three good Bands, Coronas, Florance, SnowPatrol! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

I know we say it every year but fingers crossed for ACDC! :)

New album and tour apparently confirmed for 2013 musicfeeds.com.au/news/acdc-tour-confirmed-for-2013/ and its their 40th anniversary.

Maybe this time the stars have aligned! Last chance i'm thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Malcolm was quoted recently as saying the new album is a couple of years off yet, so I wouldn't hold my breath for AC/DC next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Slane did hold two dates in the venue before:

U2 held two gigs on seperate weekends back in the early 00's

I could see U2 doing another Slane gig next year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Constantinople

Two gigs it is. June 15th and August 17th.
    Not certain of the bands, am hearing Green Day and The Stones

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Two gigs it is. June 15th and August 17th.
    Not certain of the bands, am hearing Green Day and The Stones

Green Day would be a terrible choice , nowhere near big enough surely they only sold 20,000 for their last outdoor show . Stones prob will

Advertisement