Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane to have 2 dates in 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

more & more people talking about bon jovi & hear them on the radio every day now (not complaining) but lm so tempted to go see them in slane, thing is il be going on my own :S (friends aren't big fans & don't wana spend their money) has anyone any experience going to slane on their own?

Have no car but might have one before then, & will be getting the gold circle tix if l do end up going & will make sure lm front row, no prob queying for hours!

is it worth going on your own to slane?? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,429 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Download Festival is on in Donnington the weekend of 14-16 June. So if MCD had any sense they would get a few bands over to slane from there.

Dave Grouhl is back with Queens Of the Stone age (imagine them supporting and they played Slane before so they wont be strangers to the place)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

From previous experiences, if tix for Bon Jovi sell well, you'll get some 3rd rate Irish act as support. Bressie or The Answer.

Ive been to Slane 5 times, Bowie in 87, Guns N Roses 92, Neil Young 93, Madonna 2004 and The Rolling Stones 2007. Ive enjoyed everyone of them.

Im not Bon Jovi's biggest fan but my mates love them and Ive actually seen them 3 times. They've been consistently good.

Im not going to see them in Slane (I was hoping for the Stones to headline again), but Im sure they'll justify their booking.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

poundhound wrote: »
    From previous experiences, if tix for Bon Jovi sell well, you'll get some 3rd rate Irish act as support. Bressie or The Answer.

Ive been to Slane 5 times, Bowie in 87, Guns N Roses 92, Neil Young 93, Madonna 2004 and The Rolling Stones 2007. Ive enjoyed everyone of them.

Im not Bon Jovi's biggest fan but my mates love them and Ive actually seen them 3 times. They've been consistently good.

Im not going to see them in Slane (I was hoping for the Stones to headline again), but Im sure they'll justify their booking.

I really like the Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

This will be my first Slane gig, can't wait for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

madness98 wrote: »
    This will be my first Slane gig, can't wait for it!

Keep that enthusiasm ... you're going to need it on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

From Slanes facebook page!
    Lord Henry said next year was set to be busy, watch this space ....August 17th 2013 !

Guessing The Rolling Stones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

Wondering how well the Bon Jovi tickets are selling. I def wont be going. Been to Slane a few times. Being from Drogheda, it's only out the road!!!!
    Best I seen was REM, Queens of the Stone Age and Foo Fighters.
    Didn't think much of Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers or Kings of Leon.
    Muse heading lining with QOTSA & the Manic Street Preachers supporting would be amazing. Slane deserves a letter headliner than Bon Jovi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah I'd actually be suprised if QOTSA aren't support at this.

• Advertisement

micar wrote: »
    Wondering how well the Bon Jovi tickets are selling. I def wont be going. Been to Slane a few times. Being from Drogheda, it's only out the road!!!!
    Best I seen was REM, Queens of the Stone Age and Foo Fighters.
    Didn't think much of Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers or Kings of Leon.
    Muse heading lining with QOTSA & the Manic Street Preachers supporting would be amazing. Slane deserves a letter headliner than Bon Jovi.

Even with Muse/QOTSA/MSP it still woulnd'nt sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

Eminem is headlining Reading & Leeds Festival around same time as the second date Slane Facebook announced. So I would'nt rule him out :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

mark182 wrote: »
    Eminem is headlining Reading & Leeds Festival around same time as the second date Slane Facebook announced. So I would'nt rule him out :-/

Defo defo eminen! Ill be utter shocked if anyone else

Surprised if they book Eminem again after he pulled out few years back , but he seems likely at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I saw Bon Jovi two years in a row at the RDS a few years back and they put on a great show both times. The second time they played for about 2 1/2 hours, possibly longer. I wouldn't mind seeing them again but I'm not keen on going to Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭weezer1980

Phantom have just posted on there Facebook page that Slane is being announced tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

weezer1980 wrote: »
    Phantom have just posted on there Facebook page that Slane is being announced tomorrow

Wonder who that'll be?????

weezer1980 wrote: »

</snip>

Sorry 'bout that. Double post. Slow connection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

</snip>

Sorry 'bout that. Double post. Slow connection

Also confirmed on Slane facebook page that announcement is tomorrow!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Green Day, possibly? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Muse or Eminem id say..

Green Day, possibly? :D
    Would be an absolute dream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Would be an absolute dream!

You're telling me. :D
    I've this strange feeling it'll be Robbie Williams, again.. xD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I would be putting my money on Eminem.

Would be an absolute nightmare!

Fixed that for ya! :-P

Fixed that for ya! :-P
    Hahaa :p green day are incredible live!
    Realustically muse, eminem wont wait 5 days before reading.. :/

If its eminem all hell will break loose.. worse than SHM..

Green Day or Muse will struggle to sell tickets even more than Bon Jovi imo . Eminem would still sell more then those 2

Green Day or Muse will struggle to sell tickets even more than Bon Jovi imo . Eminem would still sell more then those 2
    i agree but With the right supoort gd &muse would have no problem.. eminem, crowds the only problem. Mcd will know that....

• Advertisement

i agree but With the right supoort gd &muse would have no problem.. eminem, crowds the only problem. Mcd will know that....

Sure GD didnt sell out Marlay Park few years ago with someone the size as Paramore , id say Muse for either Pheonix Park or Aviva

Advertisement