Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane to have 2 dates in 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Sure GD didnt sell out Marlay Park few years ago with someone the size as Paramore , id say Muse for either Pheonix Park or Aviva

They sold it out just before, and the timing of that gig was awful.. probably eminem but hoping a rock act!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

bennyl10 wrote: »
    They sold it out just before, and the timing of that gig was awful.. probably eminem but hoping a rock act!

Oh right but they still only sold 22,000 (which was the capacity for the gig) so that would be a big bump up to get them to sell out Slane which is 80,000 .
    Yea by the looks of it , it will be Eminem

Oh right but they still only sold 22,000 (which was the capacity for the gig) so that would be a big bump up to get them to sell out Slane which is 80,000 .
    Yea by the looks of it , it will be Eminem
    If it is, security will need to be incredible tight :c

If it is, security will need to be incredible tight :c

Yea def

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

What about Eminem playing Oxegen again, next year?

I'd rather him play there, than Slane. xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

i agree but With the right supoort gd &muse would have no problem.. eminem, crowds the only problem. Mcd will know that....

MCD don't give a flyin' f@#k about things like that! They only care about the €. They didn't even bother to check my ticket when I went to GNR this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

So I'm assuming we've given up all hope of it being the Stones, yeah? :(

Irish times confirm Eminen. Tickets next wednesday 79.50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Really hope I'm back from america for this saw him when I was 12 at punchestown this will be epic!

• Advertisement

Irish times confirm Eminen. Tickets next wednesday 79.50

What a let-down

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

This will make the Swedish House Mafia gig look like The House of Commons PMQs.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

At least the crime rate in the rest of the country that day will be down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Saw Eminem at punchestown years ago and he was excellent. I think I'll risk the scumbag factor to see him again.

• Site Banned Posts: 26 Johnny Hooker

BLOODBATH

imagine the scenese, 80,000 knackers descending upon a sleepy village in the arse hole of nowhere

BLOODBATH

imagine the scenese, 80,000 knackers descending upon a sleepy village in the arse hole of nowhere

You know it's not just "knackers" who like Eminem yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Personally I'm disappointed with this announcement. Does he really have the pull anymore.

greenman09 wrote: »
    Personally I'm disappointed with this announcement. Does he really have the pull anymore.

New album next year, still a huge name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

This gig has run its course. It might have flown, back in the 80's or whatever, when there was nothing else happening in this country gig wise, but the venue is at best a logistical nightmare, at worst a death-trap, I've been twice, the memories of walking down a pitch Black Country road as buses fly up and down, 3 a breast at times, will stay with me a long time.

Was there for the farce that was oasis a couple of years ago, I swore I'd never be back, so every year I dread the announcement of a headliner which might give me something to think about. Delighted to hear then that the headliners are a bland 80's mor hacks who've played here year in year out since the year dot and a cartoon rapper who slipped into irrelevance a decade ago..... Announcements like this make my decision for me;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

wrote:
    Out of interest who would you like playing ? I think if you can go half way across the world and still fill and 80,000 venue you must have some relevance to people no ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Melion wrote: »
    You know it's not just "knackers" who like Eminem yeah?

I very much doubt that pal,

I'm only pulling your leg, I would imagine that security will be amped up after the Swedish House Mafia thing with tighter controls.

If I was to go to this gig I'd be pretty sure I will be able to avoid any of the scumbags. People just have to be more aware of their surroundings and act accordingly.

Will he sell 80,000 tickets though?? Seriously doubt it..........?

I'm happy with my Neil Young/Crazy Horse & Slash next year.

Security might be improved after the SHM fiasco, but it's those leaving and waiting for their bus at 12/1/2/3am I worry about - there'll be be thousands of p*ssed up/drugged up troublemakers, not sure how theyre gonna deal with these in the pitch black

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Will he sell 80,000 tickets though?? Seriously doubt it..........?

I'm happy with my Neil Young/Crazy Horse & Slash next year.

As much as I dont like the announcement, I think he will. Itll be a novelty for many.

Im same as yourself, Slash and Neil Young for me.

Also many will see it as the final summer blowout (guessing most of the attendees won't be in possession of EP tickets)

There'll be tears before bedtime

Mushy wrote: »
    As much as I dont like the announcement, I think he will. Itll be a novelty for many.

Im same as yourself, Slash and Neil Young for me.

After he baulked on it last time??? Doubt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

Probably wont get a chance to post this after the gig next year so will do it now

- Queues were ridiculous
    - Took me 4 hours to get a bag of chips
    - Saw a bloke smoking hash
    - Hello Joe?
    - When everyone went to leave at once they didnt have buses to simultaneously get 80,000 people home within 5 mins
    - MCD are the devil

bigpoppa wrote: »
    Probably wont get a chance to post this after the gig next year so will do it now

- Queues were ridiculous
    - Took me 4 hours to get a bag of chips
    - Saw a bloke smoking hash
    - Hello Joe?
    - When everyone went to leave at once they didnt have buses to simultaneously get 80,000 people home within 5 mins
    - MCD are the devil

:D PMSL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

not sure if he'll shift the 80,000 on his own, but with a few decent pop/pop-dance/pop-rnb support acts on there I'd say it would be no problem.

• Advertisement

154406_10151198704268667_940004165_n.jpg

Advertisement