Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane to have 2 dates in 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

154406_10151198704268667_940004165_n.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bon Jovi and Eminem. What year is it again?

I suppose I'm thankful that MCD keep providing me reasons to avoid ever returning to that kip mind you.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

jaysus, not a hope in hell that id suffer slane for either of those two gimps

Just goes to show:

A: How far out of touch MCD are, and

B: How money-hungry they are, by putting an act like this on in that kip.

• Site Banned Posts: 26 Johnny Hooker

Crafty MCD w*nkers doing it less than 2 weeks before Xmas too.

Eminem was relevant 10 years ago but not now. It's gonna be like watching Vegas Elvis

• Advertisement

Eminem was relevant 10 years ago but not now. It's gonna be like watching Vegas Elvis

Only not as fat. Or phat, in a vain attempt to sound cool lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

After reading some posts here its good to see I'm not alone... after attending the Stones in 07 not a bad concert mind but the idea returning to that "Legendary" site is non-existent for me also what a dump. Not interested in those acts but if I was I'd still give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

calling it now, riots at this gig at least one death, intentional or accidental. Wonder will Paddy Power take that bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

allanb49 wrote: »
    calling it now, riots at this gig at least one death, intentional or accidental. Wonder will Paddy Power take that bet.

Just like when he played oxegen yeah? Or played to 45,000 people in bangor in 2011? Could barely make it back to the car after them wading through the river of dead bodies.

Honestly if people don't like eminem that's fine, But making claims like this after he played here twice in the last 3 years with no major incidents is a bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

not sure if he'll shift the 80,000 on his own, but with a few decent pop/pop-dance/pop-rnb support acts on there I'd say it would be no problem.

Any chance of Dre and Snoop and hologram of Tupac as support :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

154406_10151198704268667_940004165_n.jpg

Radio Nova ? ... Seriously ? ....

Save yourself the hassle :

1338470346_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Give me Eminem over Muse any day! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

kingcobra wrote: »

Grand so. Not as if Muse were in the reckoning!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Horrible selection........leave them to it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Wouldn't mine Eminem to be fair, but with rumours of him being quite the lip synchr i dunno if id fork out 80quid for him, really depends on the support i guess!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Throw someone like Dizzee Rascal/Plan B etc into the mix for supports

kingcobra wrote: »

As a second quote, enjoy someone who pulls out of gigs cos of a sore back. Matt from muse has just returned to stage two weeks after breaking his foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mushy wrote: »
    As a second quote, enjoy someone who pulls out of gigs cos of a sore back. Matt from muse has just returned to stage two weeks after breaking his foot.

Are we really arguing 'injuries' in a music thread? How do you know how sore his back was? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Haha when will people realise 'rock' music is over .Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaady

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

TheNap wrote: »
    lolwut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Lmao I'd be embarrassed if i was you with that comment!! also some other comments on here are outrageous.

Best selling artist of the last decade. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1627833/eminem-best-selling-artist-decade.jhtml

Best selling album of 2010 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recovery_%28Eminem_album%29

New Album in 2013 yee-haw:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Lmao I'd be embarrassed if i was you with that comment!! also some other comments on here are outrageous.

Best selling artist of the last decade. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1627833/eminem-best-selling-artist-decade.jhtml

Best selling album of 2010 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recovery_%28Eminem_album%29

New Album in 2013 yee-haw:D

No you're not getting the point .. He is not nearly 60 standing on stage with a guitar playing in front of a thousand people who still live in the boxroom of their parents house..Thats what people really want .Who would want one of the most successful artists of all time ?

Corholio wrote: »
    Are we really arguing 'injuries' in a music thread? How do you know how sore his back was? :rolleyes:

I was drunk, and will defend muse to the hilt against any slight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I was drunk, and will defend muse to the hilt against any slight.

Even against their latest album which was absolute tripe?

Melion wrote: »
    Even against their latest album which was absolute tripe?

I like it for the most part actually, although there are more songs Id skip than other albums.

I like it for the most part actually, although there are more songs Id skip than other albums.

Nope, its absolute shíte made to appease the new Muse fans that they gathered up after the Twilight single which incidentally, was also absolute shíte.

Nope, its absolute shíte made to appease the new Muse fans that they gathered up after the Twilight single which incidentally, was also absolute shíte.

That song is pure ****e alright. First half of 2nd Law, then Liquid State to the last song are great songs I think. Unsustainable live is one of my favourite things of theirs.

That song is pure ****e alright. First half of 2nd Law, then Liquid State to the last song are great songs I think. Unsustainable live is one of my favourite things of theirs.

If they made a Muse greatest hits in the morning, id be very disappointed if anything from that album showed up on it.

If they made a Muse greatest hits in the morning, id be very disappointed if anything from that album showed up on it.

A greatest hits would def have Madness, sure they just use the biggest selling songs. A best of may have none, although Supremacy nay sneak in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

TheNap wrote: »

To quote Neil Young
    Rock N Roll Will Never Die

Advertisement