Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane to have 2 dates in 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

TheNap wrote: »

No you're not getting the point .. He is not nearly 60 standing on stage with a guitar playing in front of a thousand people who still live in the boxroom of their parents house..Thats what people really want .Who would want one of the most successful artists of all time ?
    Assuming refering to Bruce here?.. only artist to sell out any irish outdoor gig this summer, let alone 3! 4 weeks at numbet 1 for wrecking ball.. 3.5 hour shows.. eminem is no damn comparisson:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Assuming refering to Bruce here?.. only artist to sell out any irish outdoor gig this summer, let alone 3! 4 weeks at numbet 1 for wrecking ball.. 3.5 hour shows.. eminem is no damn comparisson:P

Have you seen Eminem live?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Melion wrote: »

C'mon seriously??? Eminem(amongst others), rely on OTT stageshows and gimmicks to make themselves look good. Springsteen comes on stage, does a 3 - 3.5 hour show, and f***s off.
    Brilliant.

C'mon seriously??? Eminem(amongst others), rely on OTT stageshows and gimmicks to make themselves look good. Springsteen comes on stage, does a 3 - 3.5 hour show, and f***s off.
    Brilliant.

No, and I have no plans to.

• Advertisement

No, and I have no plans to.

Exactly, so how can you have an opinion on his shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

C'mon seriously??? Eminem(amongst others), rely on OTT stageshows and gimmicks to make themselves look good.

OTT stage shows and gimmicks are awesome though.

Bruce Springsteen and Eminem are two completely different things anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

yes, yes I have.. not exactly the best thing in the world to witness.. springsteen is something special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

bennyl10 wrote: »
    yes, yes I have.. not exactly the best thing in the world to witness.. springsteen is something special

Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

I saw Eminem back in 2001 at Reading, I thought he was awful. I dont really get a grown man walking about a stage shouting f#ck, sh1t and the n word a lot. Granted this may have been because he had D12 with him but his show was poor.

I saw Springsteen at the Isle of Wight this summer and i can safely say, as someone who had always said he would never pay the money to see the man, it was one of the best musical experiences of my life. Needless to say I have now gone back on my previous statement and bought tickets to see him in Belfast. The man is a force of nature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Also someone mentioned Eminem having the biggest selling Album of 2010, thats correct if you live in the USA. In the UK it was Take That for feck sake and by the look of things it was the Script in Ireland, by that reckoning we should have those 2 as joint headliners

I saw Eminem back in 2001 at Reading, I thought he was awful. I dont really get a grown man walking about a stage shouting f#ck, sh1t and the n word a lot. Granted this may have been because he had D12 with him but his show was poor.

I saw Springsteen at the Isle of Wight this summer and i can safely say, as someone who had always said he would never pay the money to see the man, it was one of the best musical experiences of my life. Needless to say I have now gone back on my previous statement and bought tickets to see him in Belfast. The man is a force of nature

This. It just sounds juvenile.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Brilliant.

The last bit sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

Nice to hear Eminem is coming back to Ireland! But already have my gold circle ticket for Bon Jovi!

The last bit sounds good.

The first 3.5 hours sound even better!:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i wonder how the locals feel about this?

i was always led to believe that there would only be one gig per year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Also someone mentioned Eminem having the biggest selling Album of 2010, thats correct if you live in the USA. In the UK it was Take That for feck sake and by the look of things it was the Script in Ireland, by that reckoning we should have those 2 as joint headliners

His was the best selling album worldwide of 2010. I'm sure his album did very well in Ireland and the u.k also that year which would have helped that status.

Anyway I was replying to someone who reckoned he was only relevant over a decade ago which clearly is a Lolzworthy comment to make! I understand some people here are disappointed they didn't get Justin Beiber at slane for next year but c'mon what's done is done, grow up and quit whinging you guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I don't mind Eminem, but I was hoping for something else for Slane.
    *Thanks God for Neil Young announcement*

As an aside, this is the IRMA chart for the Top 20 Albums of 2010

POS TITLE ARTIST LABEL
    1 NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC! 77 VARIOUS EMI TV/UNIVERSAL
    2 SCIENCE & FAITH SCRIPT RCA
    3 PROGRESS TAKE THAT POLYDOR
    4 CRAZY LOVE MICHAEL BUBLÉ REPRISE
    5 LOUD RIHANNA DEF JAM
    6 THE FAME/THE FAME MONSTER LADY GAGA INTERSCOPE
    7 SIGH NO MORE MUMFORD & SONS ISLAND
    8 SUNNY SIDE UP PAOLO NUTINI ATLANTIC
    9 LUNGS FLORENCE & THE MACHINE ISLAND
    10 MY WORLDS JUSTIN BIEBER DEF JAM
    11 GLEE - THE MUSIC: VOL 1 ORIGINAL CAST COLUMBIA
    12 NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC! 76 VARIOUS EMI TV/UNIVERSAL
    13 RECOVERY EMINEM INTERSCOPE
    14 COME AROUND SUNDOWN KINGS OF LEON RCA
    15 GRAVITY WESTLIFE SYCO MUSIC
    16 NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC! 75 VARIOUS EMI TV/UNIVERSAL
    17 THE GIFT SUSAN BOYLE SYCO MUSIC
    18 MAYHEM IMELDA MAY DECCA
    19 LOVE TATTOO IMELDA MAY DECCA
    20 THE E.N.D. BLACK EYED PEAS INTERSCOP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Having seen both Live, Springsteen wins hands down. Springsteen's concerts are special. To be fair though it's like comparing riding a bike to driving a car. Completely different experience with the same aim. Springsteen is unique in that he appeals to such an unbelievable audience, spanning generations. Eminem in his own right was great in his hay-day, bruce continues to bring consistently good music. As a big fan of both, bruce wins hands down for me. no comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Eminem would be a thousand times better than this though:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I would love to go see Eminem again, the thoughts of the type of crowd it will attract though are really putting me off, I can imagine hoards of skinny scumbags with their t-shirts off ruining the gig.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Eminem would be a thousand times better than this though:

I will agree this is no the best Bon Jovi performance but it will still be the better of the 2 Slane gigs .

I will agree this is no the best Bon Jovi performance but it will still be the better of the 2 Slane gigs .

Marginally.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Popsy

Quick question,

A friend bought tickets for the gold circle- on the Slane map it says these are standing yet the tickets have seat numbers. Would anyone know which option is correct

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Popsy wrote: »
    Quick question,

A friend bought tickets for the gold circle- on the Slane map it says these are standing yet the tickets have seat numbers. Would anyone know which option is correct

Thanks

Even standing will have "seat numbers" attached to the tickets, its just more a case for a headcount...........dont worry, gold circle is definitely standing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I have been an eminem fan since I was extremely young even saw him when i was 12 and not once did I ever hear him use the " N " word as you like to call it

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

I have been an eminem fan since I was extremely young even saw him when i was 12 and not once did I ever hear him use the " N " word as you like to call it
    Ha, snap!
    I saw him when I was 12 in Punchestown.

Ericaa wrote: »
    Ha, snap!
    I saw him when I was 12 in Punchestown.

We are soul mates :P haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Anyone think Eminem will sell out fast in the morning?

• Advertisement

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Anyone think Eminem will sell out fast in the morning?

Yeah id imagine so!

Advertisement