Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane to have 2 dates in 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brenmusic

Rolling Stones and Bon Jovi - two nights. Both touring in 2013.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

brenmusic wrote: »
    Rolling Stones and Bon Jovi - two nights. Both touring in 2013.

Yea was thinking BJ could be in the running

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brenmusic

Yea was thinking BJ could be in the running

I reckon so - possibly a Bruce Springsteen turnout is also being considered, depends on the promoter I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭weezer1980

http://www.hotpress.com/Slane/news/Slane-2013-is-on/9283668.html?new_layout=1 just posted on hotpress.com

no mention of two dates but says the headliners will be there so rule out Green Day for once.

The Stones are in Europe at the moment, high probability it will be them but would love someone like AC/DC (like most others) or maybe Muse and Coldplay but we could guess til the cows come home and we could all end up wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 38,429 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have a big feeling it will be the Rolling Stones for the first slane date (Really wanted to see them in Croke Park or The Aviva :().

could be a chance of U2, The Script, Coldplay, Green Day or even Stone Roses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Hmm the script are touring next year.. Coldplay would be Excellent!! Argh Im exited now, wonder when well know?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭weezer1980

Hmm the script are touring next year.. Coldplay would be Excellent!! Argh Im exited now, wonder when well know?

The press conference is Tuesday at 11.

Are the script big enough to fill Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

U2, The Boss or Coldplay. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

brenmusic wrote: »
    I reckon so - possibly a Bruce Springsteen turnout is also being considered, depends on the promoter I guess!
    Slane is an MCD event, so I doubt Springsteen will be there, as he has a long-running relationship with Aiken AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No, but then again i thought that about KoL

Sure people will go just because it's Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Slane is an MCD event, so I doubt Springsteen will be there, as he has a long-running relationship with Aiken AFAIK.

Dead right, Jim Aiken, the original Owner of Aiken, who has since passed, brought Springsteen over here for the first time. But it was Slane, so im nearly sure Henry and himself meet up every once and a while too..........

Let the rumours abound!!

weezer1980 wrote: »
    no mention of two dates but says the headliners will be there so rule out Green Day for once.

Rules Springsteen out in my opinion, hes on in NYC the same night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

They've sold out the Odyssey three nights and the O2 three nights aswell -
    14,500 and 10,800 capacities, thats 100 shy of 80,000..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

jossnjuice wrote: »
    Rules Springsteen out in my opinion, hes on in NYC the same night

Only one headliner will be there on Tuesday, this has Stones wrote all over it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Two gigs it is. June 15th and August 17th.
    Not certain of the bands, am hearing Green Day and The Stones

Again? It would be unusual to have a headline act play again so soon. Not that I'd be complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

what big acts have played/sold out the o2 or outdoor over the last few months?

checked it out with one of my mates and have it on good authority its the Stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

If it is the Stones, do we think that ticket prices will so somewhere around 2011 prices, ie €80 ish plus fees or will they be increased.

Also, do we think that both headliners will be confirmed or just the June gig?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

scudzilla wrote: »
    No, but then again i thought that about KoL

Sure people will go just because it's Slane

KOL are still bigger then The Script , Cant see them jumping from the Aviva to Slane so quick (Could be wrong) .

Yea id say it will be Stones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

i reckon it will be one older act ie stones, ac\dc,bon jovi etc and one relatively newer act like coldplay, green day etc

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

word on the street is that its swedish house mafia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

They've sold out the Odyssey three nights and the O2 three nights aswell -
    14,500 and 10,800 capacities, thats 100 shy of 80,000..

How many of them were kids though? I wouldn't say that Slane is really suited to kids.

Also, consecutive nights doesn't count the people who might go to more then one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

If they're being announced on Tuesday it'll hardly be the Stones because a full tour hasn't been officially announced yet. Even though we all know it's going to happen.

Having said that, things have been moving quickly in the stones camp lately. A surprise gig in Paris last night (which by the way had the most epic of epic setlists, however short) and the new song, films etc.

If it was the Stones I would actually j1zz my pants...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    i reckon it will be one older act ie stones, ac\dc,bon jovi etc and one relatively newer act like coldplay, green day etc

Fully agree. It's surely the Stones and Coldplay. Both will sell out and sell out fast and that's all the promotors care about at the end of the day!

I've just booked myself accomodation in Slane for both the "rumoured" dates and judging by what was available an hour ago, plenty people are doing the same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rockthistown

Could be Bon Jovi. They are announcing a world tour soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

Very much doubt Bon Jovi could pull anything close to 80,000 tbh

They're shite!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

They need to start having actual rock bands back in Slane. Eminem and Madonna were lines ups, Macy Gray? Come on.
    I could list off several really good, ACTUAL rock bands off the top of my head with no problem, and support acts that'd pull in big numbers yet they go with all these mainstream "poprock" bands and while it packs the place out, he says its a rock concert when its just another pop concert.

Coldplay and Greenday should stay out, The Stones & AC/DC would pull in huge numbers, Therapy as a support act. Hell even get Keith Richards in, his solo album was actually really good. You could find some amazing rock acts around Meath who'd be more then happy to play a big gig like Slane instead of the back room of a pub every weekend. You know what, ZZTOP! Thats what Slane needs. I'd rather see 80,000 bikers in Slane then 80,000 screaming teenagers calling for the same old songs to be played by the same old wannabes. I'm very passionate about rock music, jazz and actual real, heartfelt music, the crap that gets a rock sticker slapped on it these days is disgraceful, if you have a heavy riff or an electric guitar these days your considered rock. Bring in Tom Waits and we'll talk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Very much doubt Bon Jovi could pull anything close to 80,000 tbh

They're shite!

They are worryingly popular in Ireland. They sold out two shows in the RDS in 2011, I'd say that was close to 80,000 ticket sales.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i think swedish house smafia and green day

Advertisement