Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane to have 2 dates in 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Davyhal wrote: »
    Pretty sure I am the only person on all of boards happy with the Bon Jovi announcement!

Dont worry, i am too! If it turns into a Bon Jovi Slanging match, ill be with you all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,429 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

mite go to this if the fan club has Golden Circle options available but i dont think slane would be the right layout.

Anyway it could sell well if there is strong support.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have seen them the last 3 times they have been here and enjoyed them . They will be a great headliner imo even though chessy at times but you will get your monies worth since they will give you a 2-3 hour performance with all the hits

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

leahyl wrote: »
    Whats wrong with Bon Jovi? They put on a great show in fairness

They're a nothing band. They're bland, they're boring, they're irrelevant and they rely on variants of the same two songs - the slow love ballad and the cheesy 80s lite-rock.

If music is food, Bon Jovi are stale white bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

They're a nothing band. They're bland, they're boring, they're irrelevant and they rely on variants of the same two songs - the slow love ballad and the cheesy 80s lite-rock.

I couldnt agree more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Davyhal wrote: »
    Pretty sure I am the only person on all of boards happy with the Bon Jovi announcement!

I'm happy too:) Went to see them last year in RDS and they were amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Hate to say it, but your description is not only spot on but fits in with the exact criteria of acts that have played Slane in recent years

Well it's worked for them for the last 30 years so they must be doing something right seeing as they've sold well over 100 million records

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

they would be better of having one gig and organising it better than previous years for example getting out of bloody Slane is a nightmare. fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Im glad Jovi are coming to Ireland.
    Not happy that its Slane, but I am still going.

You will get your money's worth with Jovi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 eoin27

As a big BJ fan, I find it funny hearing the same comments from the same type of ignorant idiots time and time again. 'Hair Band, 80's cheese, love ballad band' etc.

The funny part is that there is, just like any band, points that you could criticise about them but havent the research done or interest to do so. Instead we get the afformentioned ignorant comments.

eoin27 wrote: »
    As a big BJ fan, I find it funny hearing the same comments from the same type of ignorant idiots time and time again. 'Hair Band, 80's cheese, love ballad band' etc.

The funny part is that there is, just like any band, points that you could criticise about them but havent the research done or interest to do so. Instead we get the afformentioned ignorant comments.

Completely agree - bottom line is Bon Jovi put on a great show and always give the fans what they want, they have some classic songs that just never get old and still sound amazing live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I have no issue with anyone liking them , I cant stand them and I am entitled to express that opinion. Each to their own

59686_10151139793718667_1539417325_n.jpg

Irish Times blog sums it all up perfectly http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/10/30/why-bon-jovi-at-slane-castle-will-be-the-yawn-gig-of-2013/

I think they may really struggle to shift the tickets for this too.

If they have a strong support bill it will sell well , At least its better then KOL

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

Mushy wrote: »
    2: it could've been a worse band announced....like Coldplay :p

:P

How about The Boss then? Or U2? I missed out their 2001 show so a reprise would be more than nice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

If they have a strong support bill it will sell well , At least its better then KOL

Actually I'd have thought they might have a similar enough fanbase

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Tickets starting at €79

Actually I'd have thought they might have a similar enough fanbase

Ah KOLs fanbase is the younger ones these days

"This was always the goal, to play Slane!"

A6cysOvCMAA_YCP.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Not very excited about this really. I booked accomodation in Slane the other day hoping for a big day out.

My wish list was one of the following to headline: The Rolling Stones, Coldplay, Green Day, ACDC, Stones Roses.

I like Bon Jovi but I'll be giving careful consideration on whether I'll but a ticket or not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

and here I was thinking this was a discussion forum :rolleyes:

It is. They're crap.

Irish Times blog sums it all up perfectly http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/10/30/why-bon-jovi-at-slane-castle-will-be-the-yawn-gig-of-2013/

I think they may really struggle to shift the tickets for this too.

I liked this line:

With the exception of the Rolling Stones (who would play in your bathroom if you paid them enough) - LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

As a big BJ fan

I'm a huge BJ fan also. However I hate Bon Jovi. :D

leahyl wrote: »
    I liked this line:

With the exception of the Rolling Stones (who would play in your bathroom if you paid them enough) - LOL

Also where he says they have been here numerous times etc , but what about when KOL headlined? Oxegen 07,08,09 , 2 RDS shows , O2 shows

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Bon Jovi are ok, not what I was expecting for Slane 2013 tbh.

Doubt I'll go, as I want to go to America next summer.

Anyone know when the 2nd gig is announced?

So €79.50 for a ticket, €7 for Ticket Master's slice and probably a minimum of €30 for transport if you're coming from Dublin - more from elsewhere. I really think they're struggle in a big way to sell these tickets.

So €79.50 for a ticket, €7 for Ticket Master's slice and probably a minimum of €30 for transport if you're coming from Dublin - more from elsewhere. I really think they're struggle in a big way to sell these tickets.

Thats the usual price for Slane isnt it?

Yeah but people are a lot more strapped for cash these days and it's a band that have played here a lot recently, in smaller and smaller venues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Slane is such a logistical nightmare to get to/from these days. I really don't think they'll sell many tickets......?

My brother went to Oasis last time they headlined it, and it turned him off it forever. Way too much hassle getting in/out, plus the "organisation" was terrible(over an hour to queue for a beer!)

(I went myself twice in the 90s when it was much better organised).

Advertisement