Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane to have 2 dates in 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Thats the usual price for Slane isnt it?

Yep, that's what it usually is. No surprise in that price at all. The gates at Slane usually open at 1pm with the headline act on at 9pm.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully the turn out wont be as bad as Chilis this year. You will also have a lot of Bon Jovi fans from around the world going to the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Hopefully the turn out wont be as bad as Chilis this year. You will also have a lot of Bon Jovi fans from around the world going to the gig

The Chilli's are another washed-up bunch of has-beens.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Chilli's are another washed-up bunch of has-beens.

Very true . Once they get some decent support not like in 08 when they had Razorlight as the special guest in Punchestown (but they had Kid Rock which was great fun)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I would have loved to have gone to Bryan Adams when he played years back - YES I love him too!!! :-P

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    I would have loved to have gone to Bryan Adams when he played years back - YES I love him too!!! :-P

Saw him in the RDS yonks ago. Brilliant gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I'm sure that once the 15th June comes around the gig will be sold out or almost sold out.

There will be the initial rush for tickets when they first go on sale as per every gig and a few people will purchase them as Christmas presents etc.

Then the promotors can examine what support acts need to be booked in order to increase sales in the period leading up to the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The only reason its Bon Jovi is because of the age profile of the fans

no trouble=more gigs at Slane

p1ss poor band though

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

Do ye think there's even a slight chance the stones might play the second one??

Fair dissapointed, I really thought it was going to be them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any word of whether they're selling the same £12.50 tickets that they're offering for their UK tour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

This one's from Slane FB page
    "Hope sandy has visited his house while he was visiting us!"

Hahahahahaha. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Jim Carroll's blog is spot on. This is a ridiculous booking that even the most casual concert observer can see is a disaster waiting to happen, from a ticket sales point of view.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

MCD are so devoid of imagination and any sembelance of know how, that it is truly staggering at this stage. We need a more competent and innovative music promoter, MCD have had their day.

MCD are so devoid of imagination and any sembelance of know how, that it is truly staggering at this stage. We need a more competent and innovative music promoter, MCD have had their day.

MCD will pay the big bucks though. Aiken are better promoters imo. I went to Springsteen in the RDS a few years ago - not the last gig - and it was organised much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Good luck selling it out Hair-Metal has-beens.

Living on a prayer if they think they'll sell it out.

I thank you.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Good luck selling it out Hair-Metal has-beens

Hair-less :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

MCD will pay the big bucks though. Aiken are better promoters imo. I went to Springsteen in the RDS a few years ago - not the last gig - and it was organised much better.

Well the prices for Bon Jovi from what I have heard on the radio are unbelieavable, unless there are cheaper tickets. 80 euro is ridicolous for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 3connect

B-O-R-I-N-G, they wouldn't fill the field outside my house or I wouldn't walk over to see them in it. Very dissapointing choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

Don't be vicious.

Almost hair-less. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

bon-jovi-band_1106162c.jpg

They still have hair, albeit horrible hair.

I mean, check out the curly cnut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

It is. They're crap.

"then don't go" and "they're crap" is hardly what I would call a discussion sunshine....but if that's the limit of your ability, then my apologies. I jumped the gun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tickets from 79.50...and Born Jovi are having tickets for their UK shows from £12.50.

"then don't go" and "they're crap" is hardly what I would call a discussion sunshine....but if that's the limit of your ability, then my apologies. I jumped the gun :)

Don't call me sunshine

darling

Birneybau wrote: »
    bon-jovi-band_1106162c.jpg

They still have hair, albeit horrible hair.

I mean, check out the curly cnut.

A poor poodle had to be sacrificed for that!!!!!???:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Such an irrelevant band on the music scene these days, they haven't had a big hit in about 12 years have they?

On the other hand, the band know where their bread is buttered these days, milking the past hits from the 80s on tour. I'm sure they put on a decent show.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 eoin27

Bon Jovi has a huge army of fans who dont want to hear 'livin on a prayer' for the millionth time like you would imagine, they want to hear some of the hits and the unreleased songs that they play from their huge back catalogue. Thats what the non-fans dont get; they think that the band have a few good songs but havent had a hit in years so they are no good anymore. The stones and AC/DC havent had a hit in years but no one denies that they are excellent. The issue here is not the music, its the fact that Bon Jovi have been so successful for so long and you are always going to draw a high level of criticism when you have this success.

But they couldn't sell out the RDS over two days last year. How are they suddenly big enough for Slane?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

But they couldn't sell out the RDS over two days last year. How are they suddenly big enough for Slane?
    I think they did sell out those gigs, there was only a 2nd night added after there was such a high demand for the first night.

Nah, there were always going to be two nights. They sold out the first to the hardcore fans then struggled big time with the second. As has already been mentioned, everytime they've played Ireland in the last six years the venue has been downgraded. Croke Park in 2006, to the smaller Lansdowne Road in 2008 to the smaller still RDS last year. Can't see how anyone suddenly expects them to sell 90,000 tickets in a venue that's a logistic nightmare and a pain in the arse to get to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭marko_polo1234

coldplay for slane 2013!!!

Advertisement