Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane to have 2 dates in 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

The nolan sisters .... I'm in the mood for dancing and all their hits. Oh yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

79.50... Bit costly? Probably give this one a miss, been dying to see Bon Jovi for a while, butttt 80 euro is a bit major..
    Wonder what'll be the second gig. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Edg3 wrote: »
    Pearl Jam yes, Nickleback can **** off, I dont like my rock watered down and whiney. Maybe we'll get ZZ Top for the second date :) doubtful but how awesome would that be!

Eh....but youd be getting the very epitome of watered down rock with the headliner!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Which is another problem - no half decent band would want to support Bon Jovi.

My moneys on The Script,imagine how great that would be??:eek:

Stuck in a field in the middle of nowhere,hour long queue for a "pint"(that will probably cost over a fiver)and thats before you even get to The Script and The Jovester!!!

We can only hope its the same line up for the second Slane gig(maybe with Snow Patrol to really spice things up:))

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Which is another problem - no half decent band would want to support Bon Jovi.

Most bands will support Bon Jovi once the money is right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,429 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Def Leppard or Slash as support.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Most bands will support Bon Jovi once the money is right

You're probably right...but Pearl Jam wouldn't be one of those bands.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    You're probably right...but Pearl Jam wouldn't be one of those bands.

Oh yea i agree since they are way too big to support anyone anyways . I meant other bands not as big as PJ will nearly play where ever the money is

MCD
    Our presale for Bon Jovi starts this Monday at 9am, right here on our Facebook page!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

My moneys on The Script,imagine how great that would be??:eek:

Stuck in a field in the middle of nowhere,hour long queue for a "pint"(that will probably cost over a fiver)and thats before you even get to The Script and The Jovester!!!

We can only hope its the same line up for the second Slane gig(maybe with Snow Patrol to really spice things up:))

Won't happen. The second gig isn't till August. And SP on the bill???? Finally, a cure for insomnia.

• Advertisement

Ticket Prices - €79.50 - €96.00

Also the Golden Circle will be there

14023s_a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Acts I would love to see @ Slane for the second day

U2 - Arcade Fire (could be possible as they have supported on the 360 Tour) , TTCC (playing @ the 02 in January wouldn't be to surprised if they played)

Coldplay - The Script, Mumford + Sons

Muse - Arctic Monekys/Kasabian?, Biffy Clyro

Blur but it probably won't happen

Would also love the Stones or AC/DC, but the Stones will probably be @ Croke Park instead + AC/DC prob won't tour around the summer maybe Slane 2014?

eldest200 wrote: »
    Acts I would love to see @ Slane for the second day

U2 - Arcade Fire (could be possible as they have supported on the 360 Tour) , TTCC (playing @ the 02 in January wouldn't be to surprised if they played)

Coldplay - The Script, Mumford + Sons

Muse - Arctic Monekys/Kasabian?, Biffy Clyro

Blur but it probably won't happen

Would also love the Stones or AC/DC, but the Stones will probably be @ Croke Park instead + AC/DC prob won't tour around the summer maybe Slane 2014?

Arcade Fire are a headline band now so just like PJ cant see them doing a support slot.
    Can see 2DCC playing one of the slanes
    Muse not big enough
    Coldplay possibility but id say either Script or M&S would play not both (could be wrong)
    Blur not a bad shout

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Muse not big enough

:eek:

Muse sold out Wembley Stadium for 2 consecutive nights - 180,000 tickets.

Arcade Fire are a headline band now so just like PJ cant see them doing a support slot.

Agreed, AF prob would be a headline act, don't think they will play @ Slane though (maybe in the near future)

I would love U2 to be there but I'll bet its either Coldplay or Muse

Would be the best Slane ever if Muse played, how much can Wembley hold?

I think it will be Muse they play on Nov 3 the Bon Jovi tickets go on sale next Thursday and they will probably announce they act that weekend or the next week and Muse always play at Ireland twice they played the o2 in 2009 during the resistance tour and they played at Oxygen in 2010 so maybe this time they play will at Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Would be the best Slane ever if Muse played, how much can Wembley hold?

No it wouldn't

Corholio wrote: »
    No it wouldn't

Be better than Bon Jovi

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Be better than Bon Jovi

I like neither bands, and although Muse would sell a lot for Slane, Bon Jovi are a Slane size band IMO.

Also 'best ever' and 'better than Bon Jovi' aren't the same thing.

• Advertisement

Thats in the UK not in Ireland , And with the newest album having mixed reviews they would not sell out Slane (sure there were still tickets left for their gig tonight)

Love or hate them Bon Jovi are bigger then Muse in Ireland hence why they are headling Slane not Muse . Can see Muse doing Oxegen if its back next year or doing a Marlay Park gig. Or seems they announced and Aviva show for next year

Corholio wrote: »
    I like neither bands, and although Muse would sell a lot for Slane, Bon Jovi are a Slane size band IMO.

Also 'best ever' and 'better than Bon Jovi' aren't the same thing.

I just want to see Muse so bad, they probably won't at play Slane, if not Muse it may be Coldplay but if Coldplay don't to play who could it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Blur and stone roses? both touring next year (apparently) crowds would fit in together amd would easily sell it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Having seen Muse last night for the first time, I would absolutely love them to play Slane, they were incredible live, honestly one of the top gigs we've ever been to and they did mention they were gonna come back next year so I for one have my fingers crossed!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Thats in the UK not in Ireland , And with the newest album having mixed reviews they would not sell out Slane (sure there were still tickets left for their gig tonight)

Huh? I tried ticketmaster a few days beforehand and there were no tickets left.

Anyway rule Muse out, Dom said something about playing the Aviva last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Was definitely sold out last night, every seat filled right to the edges!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

@irishstarscene
    Exclusive interview with Muse man Matt Bellamy tomorrow in The Star. He reveals who the second Slane gig of 2013 will be — and it's not Muse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

robbie williams!!!

nommm wrote: »

Exclusive interview with Muse man Matt Bellamy tomorrow in The Star. He reveals who the second Slane gig of 2013 will be — and it's not Muse

Could it be Blur?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Could it be Blur?

That tweet from @irishstarscene was posted 14 hours ago, is there something in today's paper? I haven't had a chance to check it out yet!

Advertisement