Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a landlord, property vacant - use letting agency?

Options
  • 12-08-2012 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi all
    Just a quick one, I own rental property in Midlands town, previous tenants moved out in July after couple of years and have spent good few bob sprucing up house, full re-decor, new carpet, beds, updating furniture/appliances etc...
    The house is immaculate and geographically in a great location.

Having a bit of bother renting it out at the moment - advertised on daft for last 4 weeks, few interested parties but nothing concrete yet.
    Have got in contact with various letting agencies saying that they'd rent the property out for me with 1 months rent (deposit) + a small % vat on top of that as their fee.

I suppose the question I'm asking is do potential tenants prefer dealing with Letting agencies in terms of security etc..
    I have since dropped the rent by 50euro p/m from original asking price but still vacant..

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Gary The Gamer

I rather not deal with letting agents, they usually complicate the arrangement. They care about one thing and that is taking as much money off the landlord as possible.

I'm afraid if you haven't let it out then you might have to drop the price again. Don't leave it void for months chasing the market down.

Advertisement