Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Year Resolutions – how is everyone getting on?

• 12-08-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

As 2012 is going by so fast I thought it would be good to see how everyone is getting on with their New Year Resolutions.

For me in 2012, I aimed to focus on the following areas:

Start driving and pass test – Started lessons in February, now driving every day to and from work. Failed my test last month but re-booked for September and hoping to pass this time.

Education/Qualifications – Having never went to college and straight into the work force after the Leaving Cert I want to get myself some formal qualifications. Doing a QFA exam in September and hoping to register for a course with the National College of Ireland at their Open Day next week. Something I have been putting off for years so need to push myself to do this.

Marathon – Wanted to complete my first marathon. Signed up for the Dublin one in October. Have done lots of shorter competitive races this year and quite happy with my achievements.

So how is everybody else getting on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I resolved to be more annoying.

So far it's going really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

I remember i made a new year resolution but i forgot what it was so i dont know how i am getting on :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Good fora change!!!

Still off the drink and three months off the smokes.... so good, so far. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

brummytom wrote: »
    Give up fags (watch it!), drink, eat healthier and start revision. I've broken them all already so I'll start in the morning

The first three never really got off the ground, and I started my revision the day before my exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Sadly, not too well!!

Most of our Irish "Celebrities" are still alive! I've gotten close but need to work harder!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Resolution: get a job. (Well, had been trying in earnest for five months at that stage but the New Year brought new determination)

Mid-February - got job. In my skill area.

BOOM!!!

So determined was I in fact, that I woke up extra early on Stephen's Day to complete and send a job application before beginning the day's festivities. :) Got an interview for that job too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

Dude, those things were just invented so you feel less bad about the ten tins of Quality Street you scoffed over Christmas -they don't actually mean anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

226 days off the cigarettes after a twenty year habit. I'm fuçking delighted not to be wasting money slowly killing myself anymore :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Moved out of home and moved job. New place is going well, job's ok. Will prob try and get as much experience as I can and look elsewhere next year as I don't want to move around too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

226 days off the cigarettes after a twenty year habit. I'm fuçking delighted not to be wasting money slowly killing myself anymore :):):)

My BF had the same resolution. Has had the odd sneaky drag a handful of times this year. I thought that would send him back into everyday smoking but it hasn't! :) So, I'll take it! (It was his own decision to quit though, and I've never had a problem going out with smokers, but if someone wants to quit, I'll support them!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Full drivers licence in the bag. Back to college as a mature student in a month. Quit smoking and curbed drinking - I buy a nice expensive bottle to treat myself sometimes.
    They were the main goals I had in mind. Getting fit as well. I'm improved but not as much as I planned this late in the year. Still going well though.
    There's more to be done before the years finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

Shryke wrote: »
    Full drivers licence in the bag. Back to college as a mature student in a month. Quit smoking and curbed drinking - I buy a nice expensive bottle to treat myself sometimes.
    They were the main goals I had in mind. Getting fit as well. I'm improved but not as much as I planned this late in the year. Still going well though.
    There's more to be done before the years finished.

Fair play, great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Haven't killed a man in well over 4 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Run the Marathon is my main one and going great. Training since the second week in January doing 1-2 days a week, now on my Marathon Training and doing it 6/7 days a week. Its gone from something I hated to a hobby.

Advertisement