Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing a splinter

• 12-08-2012 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

my dog picked up a splinter on his walk today. It's in the pad of his paw, and I've been trying to pull it out with tweezers but what's left on the outside is just crumbling when i get hold of it. Anyone got any tricks for splinters?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Dont grab it grab around it and pinch it out, hurts a bit but better than leaving it in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Ok, going to try that - it's on the flat of his pad though, skin is quite tight there. I was wondering about soaking it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

My pointer picks them up the odd time and i just do like i said, soaking might help loosen it alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

soaking didn't work :( I'll have to leave it alone now, hopefully it'll move a bit over time.

Advertisement