Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drimnagh - dodgey?

Options
  • 12-08-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I thinking of renting a place in Drimnagh - Carrow road. I'm not familiar with the area but have heard some stories. Just wondering how safe it is - for example would I be safe walking from the Luas at night etc

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes you would be fine.
    Dublin isn't Mogadishu/LA/insert terribly dangerous place here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

1984! wrote: »
    I thinking of renting a place in Drimnagh - Carrow road. I'm not familiar with the area but have heard some stories. Just wondering how safe it is - for example would I be safe walking from the Luas at night etc

I'd say you'll live. I haven't been robbed, beaten or killed walking the mean streets ...yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Absolue hellhole.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭strokeslover

Yeah it's fine, I've never had any trouble there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Is that Drimnagh? I'd have said Inchicore - it's beside Tyrconnel Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'm not too familiar with Carrow road but I knew plenty of people from surrounding roads (e.g. galtymore, errigal etc) when growing up and they were fine. I'd probably have more of an issue with scrotes on the luas tbh op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

For the most part drimnagh is a good area,Years ago it was always the houses from carrow road Errigal,mourne,upper galtymore etc. on up to the hospital that were most sought after,Rafters lisadel and keeper were always the rough part,The marble arch pub is also a bit of a rough spot to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Is that Drimnagh? I'd have said Inchicore - it's beside Tyrconnell Road.

Carrow road is Drimnagh its not beside tyrconnell road. Carrow road stretches from Kilworth rd through Galtymore rd onto sperrin rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

realies wrote: »
    Carrow road is Drimnagh its not beside tyrconnell road. Carrow road stretches from Kilworth rd through Galtymore rd onto sperrin rd.

Ah, sorry, deceived by Google Maps, damn them; I wasn't familiar with this road though I'd kind of know Drimnagh and looked it up on the map. Looked like it's beside Tyrconnel Road, but of course local geographies can often be quite divided by canals, main roads, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Drimnagh - Cum 4 De Buzz, Stay 4 De Welfare

dublin_knacker.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Drimnagh - Cum 4 De Buzz, Stay 4 De Welfare

dublin_knacker.jpg

dope!

Advertisement