Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl in Kilcock

Options
  • 12-08-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Where is the LIDL going in Kilcock?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kildarelilly

I believe it's going in somewhere down around Dermot Kellys

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭STForSale

Couldn't find it on the kildare county council planning notifications.
    Was really hoping it would be going into one of the many derelict sites, Corscadens, ZED, Kellys........

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

The field between Dermot Kellys and Streetside Cafe is meant to be the location. The monastary site in the square is supposed to be a supermarket in the making also in the next couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭STForSale

Can't see another supermarket being built if we have a tesco express and a lidl. Can only sepend the money once and all that....

I believe it's musgraves behind it, so could be a supervalu. It'd bring a lot more activity to the centre of the town again, other shops around would benefit too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 kildarelilly

Yeah Musgraves have the site in the square so could be Supervalu or Superquinn. I've heard it's being held up due to objections from the Town Council. Why they'd want to object I don;t know as the town seriously needs developing. Anyway I would prefer to see Musgraves putting in a store rather than having the likes of Tesco or Lidl - at least Musgraves are Irish!!!

I don't think they've bought it yet? I think a supervalu would fit well, superquinn's are usually a lot bigger

Advertisement