Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Leaving Cert Question

• 12-08-2012 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi guys, I have a couple of questions for those of you who have repeated the Leaving Cert and gotten your results back, ie, last year's repeat Leaving Cert students or the years before that.
    Q1. By how many points did your results (second time around) increase by? Q2.Were you quite close to your chosen course (10/15 points), or did you have a more substantial amount of points to increase by (perhaps 80/90)?
    Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I repeated a long time ago but I went up by 95 points. I missed my course by 75 points the first year I did the Leaving Cert. The points dropped for the course when I repeated so I ended up being 50 points over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 adrianjc

Missed my course last year by 30 points and needed a C3 in higher maths which i also missed out on (got a D3).
    Was lookin for engineering choice in UL (395). Fairly gutted last year, I reckon I got the points this year but missed on the maths again might not have been so worth it but won't know for sure 'til Wednesday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

Thanks guys for your comments, they were quite helpful!

@adrianjc: Best of luck with the results on Wednesday, I hope you get what you want!

:)

Advertisement