Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headsets

Options
  • 12-08-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Happened to be in Argos today and they have Turtle Beach PX21 on special offer reduced to €50 from €75.

These are a fantastic headset. Brilliant for Madden as they have separate volume for chat and game sound I also use them to listen to music programmes on tv. You can even use them to chat to someone via xbox while watching stuff on tv.

Great investment and I paid €75 for mine. I highly recommend them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Noticed them myself mate and I'm thinking strongly about getting them for Madden 13 but I've been told that 1) they break very, very easily and 2) they crackle quite a lot when in use but it's not noticeable for the person using them but very annoying for those on the opposite end of the game.

I guess it's not as bad as I've been told?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Mine crackle but that's only because I have to use the plug and play kit, so for some reason it crackles then. Never crackles when I was using the wireless controllers.

Don't know about them breaking easily :confused: Don't know how you could break them tbh :pac: Put them somewhere where no one can trip over them when you aren't using them and you're sorted. Great piece of gear tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I have previously broken a pair. I let them fall on a hardwood floor. The main part is hard plastic. If you take care of them no problem I would say.

Never had anyone complain about the crackling on them. However you cannot use them with the rechargeable controllers with the controller charging as it does give a terrible buzz. So you just need to ensure fully charged before you play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Nice one OP. Was just in the market for a headset, and these look like the biz

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

These are great. Took a while for me to get them set up but eventually did. The sound is quality, every tackle sounds great and the music after TD's etc is brilliant too. Haven't tried the chat on them yet but so far so good. Only thing I don't like about them is the wire is very long so can look messy but that's easily sorted and some people need the longer wire anyway.

For €50 I'd definitely recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I don't need a longer wire...sorry couldn't help it. Yeah I get these as well and they seem great with the demo, yet to use them to chat but will next week, noticed the crackling had stopped when I pluged out the charger alright, anyone have the thingy that makes them surround sound?

Advertisement