Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access Programme

Options
  • 12-08-2012 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I am starting the Access Programme in September and was wondering what I will need as far as books go and are they very dear?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭liambob1

The access programme is not a course, it is an assistance programme and as such doesn't require any books, your course however may require books. However generally DIT is very reasonable with the books and you don't usually need to buy any, the lectures will provide notes and any books you need can usually be found in the library. Some students choose to buy books so save themselves the trouble of going to the library but they can be very expensive. if you want to go down that route then buy second hand.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

There are two "Access Programmes".

One is the Access Service, which you are a part of if you applied to DIT through the HEAR Programme.

The other is the Mature Student Access Programme.

It might help OP if you could clarify which one you are talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ebjarrell

I was accepted into the Mature Student Access Course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

ebjarrell wrote: »
    I was accepted into the Mature Student Access Course.
    was in it last year
    dropped out , wasnt my cup of tea

but you wont need books, they supply everything, folders, books from the libary

its basicly like the leaving cert except you get to choose 2-3 modules during in the first and second half of the year which relate to want you want to study in the college

i didnt like it too much
    it takes place in mount joy square
    123 takes you near enough to it depends where you live

its no mess though, you have to really do work, and alot of it
    you'll be eligible for a grant either by the goverment or the college depends how old you are

any more questions just ask
    gl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

You won't need to buy any books per se, but one or two will be recommended to you that will be useful for general college use. Any books prescribed will be available for you to check out of the library.

The expenses incurred really are some folders and printing paper you may need yourself at home and/or photocopying and printing costs you will have in the library.

• Advertisement
Advertisement