Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance between houses in two estates?

Options
  • 12-08-2012 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm wondering about a stalled development behind my house. Most of the estate is finished apart from one detached house that has it's foundations laid but hasn't being worked on in about two years.

This detached house is close to my back garden, it's attached garage/conversion and main house gable end would be about 45 degrees to my back wall. I figured this by looking at the foundation and the row or two of blocks that is above ground.

The thing is this side wall of the garage might be about six to ten feet from my back boundary, I'm a little concerned that this may interfere with the sunlight to my back garden.

Could anyone point me to the planning regulations that might cover the minimum distances etc. required between houses in 2 developments? Am I a little snookered now that I didn't raise an issue with the planning original?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Could anyone point me to the planning regulations that might cover the minimum distances etc. required between houses in 2 developments? Am I a little snookered now that I didn't raise an issue with the planning original?

Your local planning authority will have all the details you need. And, at this stage, it may be way too late to object.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

You don't have a right to sunlight, only daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Could anyone point me to the planning regulations that might cover the minimum distances etc. required between houses in 2 developments?
    I'm not aware of any. The typical rules would apply to distances between facing windows - that will be on a council by council basis. Check the country development plan.

You could check the planning permission for that site to see what exactly is proposed.

If you wanted, you could buy that site and build that house differently, subject to getting new planning permission.

Advertisement