Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

atv3 ont connecting to itunes

• 12-08-2012 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

hi,
    I've got a atv3 but cannot connect it to my itunes library on my imac. I'm using 3 mobile broadband and suspect this could be the problem! any advice would be great thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

dnphoto wrote: »
    hi,
    I've got a atv3 but cannot connect it to my itunes library on my imac. I'm using 3 mobile broadband and suspect this could be the problem! any advice would be great thanks

Have you turned on home sharing on both devices?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dnphoto

yeah done that, and reset apple tv, tried turning it on and off a few times.. i'm not able to connect the remote app to it either. The apple tv is getting a good wifi signal, watched a netflix film with no buffering.
    It seems it just doesn't want to communicate with my imac,macbook or iphone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

The remote can be a bit finicky sometimes.
    You may need to pair it again to the ATV, its easy enough using instructions here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1555

It sounds daft, but i'd also check that the ATV software is up to date as well as checking you have the latest version of iTunes. Sometimes this can cause issues.

Only other thing I can think is, in iTunes, do you have your library ticked to share?

Check it by:

1.Open iTunes.
    2.Choose iTunes > Preferences (Mac) or choose Edit > Preferences (Windows).
    3.Click the Sharing tab.
    4.Select the “Share my library on my local network” checkbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I would imaging its a problem with the 3 mobile broadband, I've had issues with netopia routers in the past. iirc you cant access any real firewall/port settings on the mobile broadband box?
    hope you have a large data package using netflix on mobile broadband :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dnphoto

have tried all of the above, still no luck. Pretty sure the problem is with the 3 mobile broadband, i'm on a 60gb data package with them. Maybe i'll post in the 3 forum to see if i can get some help from there representatives. thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement