Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Litter on John Roberts Square

Options
  • 12-08-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

I was around John Roberts Square on Friday evening and I am not joking there was rubbish all over the place. Is it too hard to put the rubbish in the bins? People are going to say that the bins do be full or that it is the city councils job to keep the streets clean but that is no reason to litter in my book. If you buy something with packaging of some description it’s your responsibility to dispose of it properly in a bin and not on the street like some brain dead gimp deluding yourself that it is not your problem. If you litter YOU are responsible for making Waterford less attractive to visitors and as a consequence damaging our tourist industry and it jobs creating potential. I have travelled extensively around Europe and with the exception of Spain you would not see a cigarette butt on the streets. It is not because they have any more bins on the streets than we do or local authorities clean the streets anymore it is because the vast majority of people don’t litter. Local authorities in Ireland have to waste millions cleaning up after littering slobs every year, it’s just not good enough.

Sorry if I ranted a bit, I just find it so annoying, the very people that do this are the first to be calling Waterford a dump or a ghost town.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

said it before, Irish people are by and large disgusting ignorant pigs when it comes to a bit of cop-on and litter/dog $hit on street. Its not just the idiots who think Irish means wearing a Celtic jersey, most have no concept of civic/national pride and as a society we have an expectation for the government or or others to do everything for us (pick up our rubbish, educate us, provide housing, other payments etc)

Advertisement