Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing bike / on your bike cycles prospect hill

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

if under 2,000 then file it with small claims you can even do it online
    smallclaims.courts.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

mudhoney1 wrote: »
    This guy stole my bike. Straight up stole my bike. I handed it in to be repaired.I live in Cork and left it in to be repaired with a view to collecting it in a few weeks. (I travel to galway frequently) . I tried to contact the shop by phone a number of times because there hours were crazy and never opened when they said they were. When they did answer , They kept giving me excuses like..'the guy taking care of your bike is away'... or its in our other storage shed and i can't get to it today .
    Eventually I confronted them and the owner said ' oh it appears we can't find it ' We had a lot of trainees and new guys and we just can't find it. I asked for replacement and he offered something one fifth of its value. Then when I pushed him on where exactly my bike was he said oh we gave it away to charity for scrap metal. A brand new bike for scrap metal ?? On questioning him as to why he hadn't told me this 2 weeks previous when I was again looking for my bike he said it had happened since then . In any case I was left with no bike , he treated me with aggression on the phone ... Very disappointed . If any one bought a 2nd hand green and white (or diff color prob now) low rider from them at any stage I would love to get it back / buy it back . It has leather green and white seat with an S on it .It was a gift from my family and has sentimental value.

Go to the Gardai or a solicitor or both.

That is absolute bull****, they can't get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Shakti wrote: »
    if under 2,000 then file it with small claims you can even do it online
    smallclaims.courts.ie

Yes, definitely do this at least. I hope you got some kind of paperwork or the bike's serial number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

so you are just going to take that are ya?

and buy your bike back?

Don't you have a receipt, that you left the bike in. You need to report this. Not lay back and take it.

Advertisement