Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pike fishing on Blessington

Options
  • 13-08-2012 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi, I am thinking of going down to Blessington for the day sometime this week, to fish for pike. I know it's a big place, so I was wondering if anyone who has fished there before (from the shore) has some advice on the best places to find pike? I was looking at the inlet immediately south of Blessington village.

Also what types of lures work best there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

Barry0 wrote: »
    Hi, I am thinking of going down to Blessington for the day sometime this week, to fish for pike. I know it's a big place, so I was wondering if anyone who has fished there before (from the shore) has some advice on the best places to find pike? I was looking at the inlet immediately south of Blessington village.

Also what types of lures work best there?
    The location you fancy is the "overflow" and can be good depending on the water levels. Pike stocks in Blessington are pretty poor and you would be lucky to catch a pike on any lure or bait. That said, some good sized pike are caught there every so often. Blessington is owned and managed by the ESB and you will need to purchase a permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Ya might aswell put up a map and pin point exactly where fish are so everyone can go poach and kill them( not sayin the op is just anyone can go on this site)
    Best advice id give you is look for dark water with reeds on the edges as pike prefer these water for hunting
    Also don't go out of its too bright as you Havint got a great chance of landing the big ones when it's too bright
    As for lures anything can work tho some are more suited for boats than bank fishing
    This time of year I use a mepps size 3 bronze as your more open for other fish like trout pike and nice size perch
    Sorry for the rant at the start it's just tellin people where the best spots are can often lead to places being overfished as anyone can read these threads
    Atb

Advertisement