Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to start.

Options
  • 13-08-2012 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

So basiclly i'm wondering where do i even start to learn about mobile apps, there seems to be a huge market so it is something that i am interested in learning about, but what kind of languages are used in mobile apps? java? html? css? flash actionscripting?

and also what kind of design goes into mobile apps?

just basically a starters kinda run down would be nice if anyone has a few minutes to help out.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I haven't seen that sight before, brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

This is ment to be a place for discussion and learning, if this is how you treat complete noobs to this kind of thing then this obviously isn't the nicest place to ask about this type of thing, at least in design and development people tend to help you out with questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

This is ment to be a place for discussion and learning, if this is how you treat complete noobs to this kind of thing then this obviously isn't the nicest place to ask about this type of thing, at least in design and development people tend to help you out with questions :)

It is indeed but it's not a place for being spoon fed all the information you need, it's best to do your own research, try to learn a bit on your own, grasp some of the fundamentals and then come back with more specific questions where people can help you out in a more meaningful manner.

The forum is pretty quiet so its best for specific questions only. Also all the information you need is available via a search engine so all people would be doing here is the job of the search engine.

You don't supply any information on what you already know either, have you got programming experience already? If so in what? Are you looking to make money from apps or just learn? Do you have a specific idea? Do you want to target iOS, Android or Windows Phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I'm not 'treating' you this way because you're a noob, but because you're a lazy noob. Asking basic questions that can be answered using a simple Google search simply displays a complete lack of effort on the part of the questioner.

The following, rather old and in some ways dated, article is one that if you read and take in will still stand you in good stead in the future:

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

I'm not 'treating' you this way because you're a noob, but because you're a lazy noob. Asking basic questions that can be answered using a simple Google search simply displays a complete lack of effort on the part of the questioner.

The following, rather old and in some ways dated, article is one that if you read and take in will still stand you in good stead in the future:

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Okay then please remove this thread.

cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement