Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy Clubs in limerick

• 13-08-2012 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Anyone know of any comedy clubs or in general, an open mic sort of event in Limerick City.

I find it strange that the fourth largest city in the country has no comedy center, no outlet for any local comedians.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

There was in Foley's, but they closed down. Afaik they are looking for somewhere new, ill message one of em and see what I can get and keep you posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Dolans have an improv troupe performing every monday afaik.
    Get the impression you want to peform more than watch though. You could put the idea forward in Dolan's.
    Personally I think an open mic night in Limerick wouldn't see enough people getting up and performing for it to succeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

wouldn't mind having a craic at open mic comedy some night for the laugh (pun intended). Do you get 5 or 10 mins on the mic usually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Depends on the venue, but it's generally five minutes. One or two I've played have a system where the more popular comics will get a little extra towards the end of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I would love to give it a go also so if any publican is reading this, might be a idea to try out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Is there not one upstairs in the Locke??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

There's an open mic night in The Wicked Chicken on Tuesday nights. It's geared towards musicians though.

Dr. John's on Thomas Street are doing comedy gigs these days. Not sure if it's open mic type stuff though. Check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Dr Johns / The Blind Pig is open mic night. Not sure if it is in Dr Johns or in the basement though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Brendn

Thanks everyone.

Anyone know what times the gigs are on in Dr.Johns? I work evenings in a hotel kitchen so it's practically impossible for me to do anything without booking a day off work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Brendn wrote: »
    Thanks everyone.

Anyone know what times the gigs are on in Dr.Johns? I work evenings in a hotel kitchen so it's practically impossible for me to do anything without booking a day off work.

I don't know, but if you're on Facebook you can send them a message. Here's their facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/drjohnslimerick

• Advertisement
Advertisement