Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi coming to Tipp Town?

Options
  • 13-08-2012 6:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I heard a rumour the other day that aldi were looking to open a store beside the excel in tipp town, I honestly don't know how true it is, was just wondering if anyone knew anything about it?

On the brightside it would take over the awful eyesore that is the town hall? Not sure what that building was before as it has always been like that for as long as I can remember, just assumed it was a town hall.

On another note, as much as I would love it if aldi came to tipp town I think there is currently an oversaturation of supermarkets in the town, it pretty much is just supermarkets and every second shop had a for lease sign in the window. There is 2 supervalus, lidl, dunnes and tesco, I know that the town relies a lot of peeps like myself coming in to do their shopping, but I'm just not sure that there is a need for another supermarket.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

they were supposed too be going in where Matt Kavaghans old yard was too opposite tesco but nothing came of that? caulfields supervalue not supposed too be going great roumers that it might close if it did be a good spot too, Beside the Excel wouldnt be great no parking?? its a shame that wasnt sold and used as part of the excel :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I can't imagine that there's enough business in the town to support another supermarket. By the excel would be awful sure there's no parking. But god yeah, they really shoulda done something with that building. The excel has had its fair share of financial trouble so can't imagine that they could have supported that building as well.

Advertisement