Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WBP Plywood delaminating

• 13-08-2012 9:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭

I'm building an extension to my house and put some WBP Plywood down as the floor between the upper and lower levels. I did this on Friday. At the moment this is open to the elements. This morning I have noticed that most of the sheets are delaminating. Is this due to poor materials or something else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

If it was open to the elements and got wet then the board will expand and the laminate will lift. IT could also do the same if you had frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

There's plywood and plywood. Very hard to tell good from bad. WBP means' water and boil proof', meaning the glue should hold under those conditions. Obviously has not in your case. I'd be going back to the supplier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Hi, I'm guessing you probably used WBP from China. It's all right once it's not left exposed for two long. I used it a few Months ago for a similar job to yours and it was exposed for 3 Months. It's only on the edges of some of the sheets that's showing any de lamination. The real good WBP is about 45 Euro a sheet as against 30 Euro for Chinese. So you get what you pay for in the end.
    But to de laminate after 3 days I would go back to the Supplier.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Sounds like you were given the wrong ply even the cheep stuff should last longer than that, I have been stung by the cheep marine ply before, on top it look good but when I cut into it I found lots of voids :mad: never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

Thank you all for posting. I rang the supplier and they are going to call me back. I'll see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

have a look

http://www.build.ie/construction_news.asp?newsid=105567

i was on a job where over 300 sheets had to be removed!!!

Advertisement