Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Requesting haircut from specific hairdresser?

• 13-08-2012 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭

I have been going to the same barbers where its all women working there now for the last year or so and although fantastic, when I went for my last monthly haircut I was attended by a very attractive brunette. We talked about everything the weather, work, holidays etc and she gave me the best haircut of all the hairdressers there. I went back last Saturday and although very busy when asked by one of the other girls I requested the brunette to tend my hair as she knows which way I want it cut. She kind of looked at me in awe but said ok. The brunette kind of looked over her shoulder as if I was hitting on her.
    Finally it came my turn and I detected a slight notion of embarrassment from her but she knuckled down and once again gave me the 4 blade all round I required as we chatted about all the major topics as you do.
    So this is my question, is asking for a particular hairdresser proper etiquette or isthis kind of procedure more befitting a brothel?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

A blade 4 all round isn't exactly a great feat of hairdressing.

Are you sure you don't just fancy her? :)

Your hair, your money, your choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Love is in the h-air every time.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Its your hair and your money. Don't think it should bother them, as long as they've got a returning customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

I requested the brunette to tend my hair as she knows which way I want it cut. She kind of looked at me in awe but said ok.

What an odd look to give you just for asking for a particular hairdresser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

My husband does the same, he always asks for a particular girl when he's getting his hair cut, he prefers it the way she cuts it. there is nothing weird about that,

girls do the same, they will have a particular hairdresser they use.

Used to want to ask but felt weird about it.. Now I'm older, I def would. But for a 4 blade, they definitely think it's a bit basic for having a favourite. I do my 3 or 6 blade myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

if you just get a 4 all over i dont think it should matter what hairdresser you go to, you could do it yourself
    but its ok to ask for whoever you want im sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

hoodwinked wrote: »
    My husband does the same, he always asks for a particular girl when he's getting his hair cut, he prefers it the way she cuts it.

I'd say he does:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Real Life wrote: »
    if you just get a 4 all over i dont think it should matter what hairdresser you go to, you could do it yourself
    but its ok to ask for whoever you want im sure

She is miles ahead when it comes to shaving the neckhair, she gently applies some kind of lotion before shaving with the cut throat, whilst the others dont leaving me irritable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

My husband does the same, he always asks for a particular girl when he's getting his hair cut, he prefers the way she's cutting. there is nothing weird about that,

FYP. You've been hoodwinked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

My husband does the same, he always asks for a particular girl when he's getting his hair cut, he prefers it the way she cuts it. there is nothing weird about that,

He likes the way her boobs rest on his shoulders as she cuts his hair.
    Ask him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

girls do the same, they will have a particular hairdresser they use.

Your husband is hoodwinking you.

I bet that particular hairdresser has great boobs that 'accidentally' get brushed against the side of his face every couple of seconds :pac:

Edit, dam rabies beat me to it!

Ghandee wrote: »
    Your husband is hoodwinking you.

I bet that particular hairdresser has great boobs that 'accidentally' get brushed against the side of his face every couple of seconds :pac:

hey the man is only human! :pac:

hey the man is only human! :pac:

So you recognise men love boobies so?

Ghandee wrote: »
    So you recognise men love boobies so?

don't we all love boobies? :confused:

don't we all love boobies? :confused:

Yes!

Pm sent. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've got the opposite problem, I don't want the same woman as the last time because she gave me the worst haircut I've ever had.:(

Advertisement