Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question re fixed wireless bb

• 13-08-2012 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am moving to an area that does not have many bb options.

I basically have 3 choices.

1. eircom line in that i know will only be able to deliver max 2 mb but mostly 1mb

2. satellite broadband...:(

3 fixed wireless.....This seems best option, however one company said we cannot get it due to line of site issues.

My question is do all Fixed wireless operators use the same mast etc?

I was looking at another company and they seem to have a mast that we should have line of site but Idont want to get my hopes up if all companys use the same masts.

Any other advice on my options would be appreciated.....(I am in East Galway area BTW)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

cuculainn wrote: »
    Hi,

I am moving to an area that does not have many bb options.

I basically have 3 choices.

1. eircom line in that i know will only be able to deliver max 2 mb but mostly 1mb

2. satellite broadband...:(

3 fixed wireless.....This seems best option, however one company said we cannot get it due to line of site issues.

My question is do all Fixed wireless operators use the same mast etc?

I was looking at another company and they seem to have a mast that we should have line of site but Idont want to get my hopes up if all companys use the same masts.

Any other advice on my options would be appreciated.....(I am in East Galway area BTW)

Some providers use the same mast, some have their own and others use different ones. To know for sure you need to ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Ok, so fixed wireless is not an option, 3g on the NBS is crap (tried it out)

What options are left?:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

There may be more than one wireless providers in your area, Go out around you new area for a spin and look for the houses with the antennas on the roof, your looking fro something along the lines of what may be on this page www.irishwireless.net/7-antenna and then try the following steps.

1. Knock em up
    2. Introduce yourself
    3. Ask them who their provider is
    4. Contact the providers
    :)

Advertisement