Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bottles do you use?

Options
  • 13-08-2012 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Am thinking of buying the bottles and all the little bits that go with it soon, just wondering which brand is most widely used? Are they generally all the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭spudulike

Dr Browns... helps minimise wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

The chemist outside Clearwater Finglas had the advent bottles / steriliser half price - might be worth checking out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Toommee Tippee closer to nature and anti colic plus in our experience are the best.
    You can often get really good offers on Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Ellsbells

Yeah Dr Browne's

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

got the tommee tippee closer to nature anti-colic as well after a recommendation of a friend and never had any problems with colic.

the other thing is, they do a good range of drinking cups that all have the same size and thread on the lid, so you can swap tops round if you need to once your kids start getting older and moving past the bottle feeding stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

After reading up about the pros and cons of various bottles, we went for the Nuk First Choice and find them great.
    They're very easy to clean too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

tommee tippee closer to nature are great bottles im breastfeeding but this week decided to gradually introduce bottles and hes taken to them straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Defiantly Dr Browne's bottles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Toommee Tippee closer to nature and anti colic plus in our experience are the best.
    You can often get really good offers on Amazon.

This for us too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Dr browns for first 4 mOnths cos she didn't get on well with Avent as was colicky - after 4 months back on Avent and no probs - they are easier to clean. Dr browns saved our lives tho!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I bought the avent classic ones as they were on sale and I find them fine, no problems yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We used Dr Browns too...I'd recommend only buying a couple of any one brand til you know what suits your baby best. The Dr Browns are a pain to clean so if your baby is ok on other ones I'd go with them quicker than the Dr Browns. They were a lifesaver for us tho (despite the pain in cleaning them!)

We went through Avent and Tommee Tippee before we settled on Dr Browns.
    Most chemists/late night Tescos sell bottles so if you only have a few and are stuck its easy enough ask someone to pick you up a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

We were given a present of the avent bottles and microwave steriliser, so that's what we use and no problems so far.

A friend bought me the tommee tippee anti colic ones but I don't think I was using them right and she was finding it a lot harder to get up wind. I think it was more user error than the bottles not suiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We bought the Tommee Tippee steriliser as it was half price and came with a couple of small bottles, and bought a couple of larger ones. Baby only gets one bottle a day but we've had no issues with them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Advent, never had a problem with wind thank god :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Boots are doing three for two across baby stuff at the moment - plan on buying bottles soon myself. We borrowed our last set from my sister , avent classic and they worked fine. When we had to buy the larger ones, they had avent anti colic ring ones and we found them fine too. I see now avent have a new bottle out - supposed to be more "natural". Will probably end up going for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Breastflow bottles when the baby was brestfed, then onto advent. Would recommend both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

tommy tippee, we tried him on avent and doctor brown, he didnt like the avent and the doctor brown leaked a lot. he loves the tommy tippee

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

We bought Avent before our baby was born, then Tommee Tippee when they didn't work, and in the end settled on Nuk (latex) because it was the only one she'd accept on a regular basis. All the books tell you about nipple confusion going from bottle to breast, but we never thought it would be a problem the other way round!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

We are using NUK bottles & are very happy with them so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Advent & mothercare btls do me

Advertisement