Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beavers troop for Kids in Limerick

• 13-08-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All

I'm looking for a Beavers unit for my 6 year old son to join. I've checked out the web page for Scouting Ireland and I've sent emails to the contacts on the site, but it's been a while and I haven't gotten a reply. I know there's a Scout hall beside the People's Park, but it doesn't look like it's ever open. So I just wanted to see if anyone knows anything about Scouting units in Limerick or if they have any contact telephone numbers for one.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

my wife is a leader with a scounting group but they are not in town they are out in Caherally, which is out on the Ballyneety/Lough Gur side of Limerick, so probably too far away....I would guess that the reason nobody has replied yet to you is that all the people involved are purely volunteering, and are probably in holiday mode at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Should be one beside St.Pauls National School in Dooradoyle or at least thats where I think it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Iridescent Irish

banjobongo wrote: »
    my wife is a leader with a scounting group but they are not in town they are out in Caherally, which is out on the Ballyneety/Lough Gur side of Limerick, so probably too far away....I would guess that the reason nobody has replied yet to you is that all the people involved are purely volunteering, and are probably in holiday mode at the moment!
    Mc Love wrote: »
    Should be one beside St.Pauls National School in Dooradoyle or at least thats where I think it is!

Yes that's a bit far out unfortunately banjobongo, but thanks for your help I never considered they'd be away at the moment. Thanks Mc Love I'll try to check that out aswell, the problem is finding a telephone number for one!! Thanks again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

There's a Beaver group in Caherdavin caherdavinscouts.ie You can leave a message on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

St Joseph's is the scout group using the hall near the People'S Park. no idea who the leaders are there now but as already mentioned I'd say it's wrong time of the year for trying to contact groups likes scouts. Maybe later in August or early September.

Here's a list of locations for Limerick, not sure how accurate it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Bicycle wrote: »
    There's a Beaver group in Caherdavin caherdavinscouts.ie You can leave a message on the website.

Which is a fairly pointless exercise as I have left 4 since January and have not yet had a reply(similar experience with the Meelick troop)
    Even after chatting to them at a fundraising/bag packing drive and having been asked for my contact details to arrange a chat I've heard nothing back.
    O.P I'd say your best bet is to call to your chosen troop on one of their nights and roll from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Hi All

I'm looking for a Beavers unit for my 6 year old son to join. I've checked out the web page for Scouting Ireland and I've sent emails to the contacts on the site, but it's been a while and I haven't gotten a reply. I know there's a Scout hall beside the People's Park, but it doesn't look like it's ever open. So I just wanted to see if anyone knows anything about Scouting units in Limerick or if they have any contact telephone numbers for one.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi OP, as phog mentioned, St. Josephs Scouts are taking a break for the Summer. They will be starting up again in September. My child joined last year. They meet up on Saturdays from two o' clock to four o' clock and it's €100 for the term from September to the end of June.

As i cannot yet avail of the PM system, I woukd need you to PM me and I can reply to you with the details of the Beavers Leader to contact.

EDIT: seems I CAN use the PM function, PM on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Iridescent Irish

Bicycle wrote: »
    phog wrote: »
    St Joseph's is the scout group using the hall near the People'S Park. no idea who the leaders are there now but as already mentioned I'd say it's wrong time of the year for trying to contact groups likes scouts. Maybe later in August or early September.

Here's a list of locations for Limerick, not sure how accurate it is.
    banie01 wrote: »
    Which is a fairly pointless exercise as I have left 4 since January and have not yet had a reply(similar experience with the Meelick troop)
    Even after chatting to them at a fundraising/bag packing drive and having been asked for my contact details to arrange a chat I've heard nothing back.
    O.P I'd say your best bet is to call to your chosen troop on one of their nights and roll from there.
    Hi OP, as phog mentioned, St. Josephs Scouts are taking a break for the Summer. They will be starting up again in September. My child joined last year. They meet up on Saturdays from two o' clock to four o' clock and it's €100 for the term from September to the end of June.

As i cannot yet avail of the PM system, I woukd need you to PM me and I can reply to you with the details of the Beavers Leader to contact.

EDIT: seems I CAN use the PM function, PM on the way!

Thanks everyone for all the replies. Thanks a million say who now? great to get the number before they start back up again :)

Advertisement