Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays in September

Options
  • 13-08-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭

Thinking of going on holidays in Mayo in first two weeks of September - would I be a fool to expect anything but wet miserable weather?

Also, are there any 'events' on that might make it more interesting?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't know about events but it wouldn't be unheard of to have a spell of good weather in September, happens regular enough imo. Probably just the world's way of rubbing the school kids' noses in it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Keep an eye on Mayo.ie for ideas of what's on.

http://www.mayo.ie/dnn/WhatsOn.aspx

Depending on where you are staying Galway, Sligo and Roscommon are only a short spin away for day trips.

As for the weather, it's the same as the rest of the country, we can only cross our fingers and hope for the best. But as I type this the sun is shining out.

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Thinking of going on holidays in Mayo in first two weeks of September - would I be a fool to expect anything but wet miserable weather?

Also, are there any 'events' on that might make it more interesting?

I know its getting much better weather than the south west this summer(Kerry/Mayo farm). Hopefully it will continue into September..:)

Advertisement