Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peanut Butter & Chocolate

Options
  • 13-08-2012 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I'm in love with the combination! I tried some stuff in the US, I can't quite remember the name of the stuff I tried but I liked it and want more. Is there anywhere in Ireland I can get stuff like this? online ideally.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

I'm in love with the combination! I tried some stuff in the US, I can't quite remember the name of the stuff I tried but I liked it and want more. Is there anywhere in Ireland I can get stuff like this? online ideally.

A big US chicolate&peanut butter brand is Reese's, you can get Reeses Cups/Bars etc. You can buy them in shops in the north so Im pretty sure you'll find them in shops if you look!!

You can get Peanut Butter MnM's in the US too but you have to order them on ebay or Amazon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

You'll get Reese's cups in shops all over Ireland, I often see them in petrol stations more than other stores.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can of course just smear peanut butter on bars or biscuits. People might look at you like you're mad, until they cop on that many bars etc have peanuts or peanut butter in them.

For some reason many people have an aversion to peanut butter, thinking of it like a kids food, or having something weird in it, rather than it just being mainly liquidised peanuts.

Some of the US bars cost a lot here, and I am not that impressed with the chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

Went to this shop last time I was in NYC....they also do sandwiches which are savage...plus the day I was there you got a free tub of any product - White Choc and PB was unreal.

http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/peanut-butter-1.html

I know they had the original PB from this company in Cork so pretty sure youd get hands on it. As others said Nutella and PB does the job.....and Reeses Peanut Butter cups are the dogs proverbials!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

OP why don't you make your own Reese's Cups, it's easy :)

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Reeses-Peanut-Butter-Cups-Recipe.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Thanks for all the suggestions.

@Dizzyblonde, that recipe makes it seem so easy, might even try it sometime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Peanutbutter cups are the most holy of all sweets. You couldn't get them anywhere up until s couple of years ago, loads of places have them now, my local dunnes always has them as well. If you are ever anywhere near an auntie nellies sweet shop they always have them as well plus reeses pieces, which are like peanut butter m&ms and the nutragous bar which is yum too.

OP why don't you make your own Reese's Cups, it's easy :)

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Reeses-Peanut-Butter-Cups-Recipe.html

Ok, so I've decided to give this a go sometime this week. One question, they mention powdered sugar, is that like caster sugar or icing sugar? I wouldn't be the best cook in the world here /cough ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Icing sugar - in the US they call it powdered sugar.

Good luck :)

Well, I made some, 12 or so in all. They looked kinda awful to be honest but they tasted so so good. Thanks again for linking that recipe, I'd recommend anyone else interested to give it a go.

Also, some peanut butter sandwiched between 2 McVities chocolate biscuits, mmm try it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have a ice cube tray to make mini cubes. I was thinking you could smear peanut butter into the tray, freeze, and pop out loads of mini peanut butter cubes. Then get a cocktail stick and jab them. Now dip them in melted chocolate which should quickly set on the cold peanut butter cubes. Now leave them in the fridge or at room temp so the peanut butter defrosts fully.

rubadub wrote: »
    I have a ice cube tray to make mini cubes. I was thinking you could smear peanut butter into the tray, freeze, and pop out loads of mini peanut butter cubes. Then get a cocktail stick and jab them. Now dip them in melted chocolate which should quickly set on the cold peanut butter cubes. Now leave them in the fridge or at room temp so the peanut butter defrosts fully.

That's genius :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

That's genius :)
    And I happen to have just bought a new jar of peanut butter. Oh dear. I sense danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

oh yum, tried these for the first time earlier this year from one of those cute little shops around the city :) , absolutly yummy!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

OP - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Eh Squire

You should be able to get Peanut Butter flavour Kit Kat chunky bars around the shops a bit as they one that recent 'new flavour' competition.

Eating them is a bit like chasing the dragon tho, the first one I had was the most amazing piece of mass produced confectionery i've ever had, but I cant seem to get the same hit when i've sampled them since... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 brainache

I picked up the PB&Co Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter in Fallon&Byrne in Dublin a couple of weeks ago, but it was gone when a friend was looking for it last week but maybe they've got it back in stock since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Gave me an idea. Peanut butter and nutella. Delicious.

picture.php?albumid=2297&pictureid=14735

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

That looks unpleasant but I bet it tastes fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Jet Black wrote: »
    Gave me an idea. Peanut butter and nutella. Delicious.

Use pretzel sticks instead of spoons... tastes even better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I made peanut butter cups for my OH at Christmas (not a peanut butter fan myself) but he adores peanut butter

pbc_zps63852379.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

You used to be able to buy Snickers spread in supermarkets - literally a Snickers version of Nutella or Peanut Butter. Was sickly but great, especially on top of salted crackers!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

I found this recipe online and had to share...sorry about the American measurements.

Peanut Butter Cup Brownies…

Bring to boil:
    1 cup butter
    1 cup water
    2 Tbsp cocoa

Remove from heat; let cool.

Mix in bowl:
    2 cups sugar
    1 tsp soda
    2 cups flour
    ½ cup buttermilk
    ½ tsp salt
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray or grease 40 mini-muffin cups. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups, about 1 heaping teaspoon in each.

Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top is set and toothpick inserted into center comes out slightly moist.

After brownies are out of the oven, wait for centers to fall. This will happen upon cooling. If not then tap the centers with teaspoon, this will make a indent for peanut butter.

3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
    1/2 cup peanut butter chips
    1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Over low heat, warm creamy peanut butter. While brownies are still warm spoon about half teaspoon warm peanut butter into the center of each brownie; top with chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Cool completely in pan. Remove from pan and serve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

On a whim to use up some peanut butter I made some peanut rice krispies balls. Someone showed me these years ago when I lived in the US. yummo. People are going mental for them here... Requests for more at an all time high.

So I mixed 1 part peanut butter, 1 part icing sugar, 1/2 part butter and a pinch of salt and melted them in a glass bowl. (sorry, wasn't weighing... Scooping)

Mixed in rice krispies like you do for rice krispie buns. Mixture was harder to mix, but stick at it.

Scooped a teaspoon at a time and rolled them into balls on silicone paper on a baking sheet and stuck in the fridge to harden up. Coated them in melted choc and left to harden again.

They are awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

I absolutely love Skippy's Peanut Butter from America. I always eat it with Jam (Peanut Butter and Jelly sdandwiches..nom).

But, I would have never thought of Peanut butter and Chocolate. Major noms. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

Home made pancakes filled with peanut butter and Nutella are hard to beat. Make sure the peanut butter has plenty of salt in, if not add a small bit. Like with the peanut butter cups, it is the sweet salty taste which is sooooo good.

Advertisement