Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do West Ham even have 80,000 fans??....

• 13-08-2012 12:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

,...becasue West Ham are convinced they should have a right to use the London Olympic Stadium as their new home/football stadium.

So can West Ham or even Spurs really expect to get use of the Olympic Stadium as their new football home???

One team wants to dig up the athletics track.

The other team wants to leave it in place.

Place your bets now please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

IBL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

paddy147 wrote: »
    ,...becasue West Ham are convinced they should have a right to use the London Olympic Stadium as their new home/football stadium.

So can West Ham or even Spurs really expect to get use of the Olympic Stadium as their new football home???

There's a soccer forum you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

They sure do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Yum yum someone mentioned Ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

spurs are building their own stadium and west ham won't fill it so a big white elephant id say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Sports, sports, sports, sports....

-Funk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

R0ot wrote: »

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are here though?

What will become of the 80,000 seat stadium,now that London 2012 will be finished soon (after the paralympics are over).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They have a nice tight ground with a good atmosphere in Upton Park. All of that will be lost with the big open Olympic stadium which they won't be able to fill..

A ground share with Spurs might be an option though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I prefer East Ham myself.

They have a nice tight ground with a good atmosphere in Upton Park. All of that will be lost with the big open Olympic stadium which they won't be able to fill..

Like with what they do in Milan with AC and Inter??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

WestHam plan to reduce the capacity to 50,000 or 60,000 iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Who cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I prefer East Ham myself.

Ah well,could be worse.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are here though?

What will become of the 80,000 seat stadium,now that London 2012 will be finished soon (after the paralympics are over).

Well I don't care personally since soccer is about as much of a sport as golf is these days. Most others seem to like ham (the food).

Like with what they do in Milan with AC and Inter??

Yeah with the two of them sharing the running costs it could make any potential deal more financially viable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I support West Ham.

Yeah with the two of them sharing the running costs it could make any potential deal more financially viable.

But I wonder could they really turn the Olympic Stadium into a "San Siro" style stadium...with regards the atmosphere of the San Siro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

West Ham may indeed have 80,000 fans. However many of these fans may be blowing green bubbles up each others arses in an Eastend London prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

This shouldn't concern Irish fans of the club as most have probably never been to watch them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

They stadium is been reduced down to just over 40,000.. Same as all the other venues that they are keeping up like the aqua place.

And west ham wouldnt need 80,000 fans to fill it unless they weren't letting away fans in? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The stadium was built in basically a kit format where the upper tier can be removed and the capacity reduced.

The Aquatics centre is the same I believe and will be converted into something not too dissimilar to Blanchardstown.

This olympics was all about legacy, they didn't want any white elephants hanging around like in Greece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

The important questions aren't being asked!

I want to know why there isn't a Ham derby game?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

I support West Ham.

Sorry about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Share it with Millwall I say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Does Bobby moore still play for them ?

But I wonder could they really turn the Olympic Stadium into a "San Siro" style stadium...with regards the atmosphere of the San Siro.

Its hard to tell really at the moment. I suppose with the removal of the running track and restructuring of the seating it could be possible.

The stadium was built in basically a kit format where the upper tier can be removed and the capacity reduced.

The Aquatics centre is the same I believe and will be converted into something not too dissimilar to Blanchardstown.

This olympics was all about legacy, they didn't want any white elephants hanging around like in Greece.

Beijing got it all wrong also. The 'birds nest' stadium still has no tenant and the aquatic centre eventually ended up being turned into a water park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

realies wrote: »
    Does Bobby moore still play for them ?
    Did he ever escape from that Nazi prisoner of war camp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Those pictures were 4 years ago, god knows what it looks like now. They might rent it out to the guys making the Mad Max movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

I particularly enjoyed this part:
    None took off - even when officials tried to generate interest by using the baseball stadium for football.

They soon discovered the triangular pitches of the American sport were not suited to a game played on rectangular grass fields.

I wonder how much they spent on advisors to figure that out.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

R0ot wrote: »

Bit of an ironic post considering you started this thread in After Hours.

Anyways back on topic. I know plans were submitted by both West Ham and Tottenham. Anyone know if these are available online? I'd like to see what both intended to do with the stadium.

Also there is a bid to use the stadium as part of a proposed London Grand Prix. Can't see this happening though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Never known why West Ham are considered a big club by some people, even when they had Hurst,Moore and Peters in the team in the mid 60's they were mid table, they've been relegated on more than a few occasions and their third place finish in 1986 was a flash in the pan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

they should ground share a la crystal palace/wimbledon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Are you for serious?

Spurs are not even in the running, they haven't bid for it.

The four bidders are here - http://www.eventmagazine.co.uk/Olympic_news/article/1141710/Final-four-bids-Olympic-Stadium-revealed/

The stadium is being reduced to 60,000 capacity, with a new roof being put on it and retractable seating being put in (if WHUFC's bid is successful for the second time:rolleyes:), WHUFC only expect to fill it when playing the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, etc, and the expect it to hold about 40,000 plus for others.

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Are you for serious?

Spurs are not even in the running, they haven't bid for it.

The four bidders are here - http://www.eventmagazine.co.uk/Olympic_news/article/1141710/Final-four-bids-Olympic-Stadium-revealed/

The stadium is being reduced to 60,000 capacity, with a new roof being put on it and retractable seating being put in (if WHUFC's bid is successful for the second time:rolleyes:), WHUFC only expect to fill it when playing the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, etc, and the expect it to hold about 40,000 plus for others.
    They sought judicial review over the Olympic Park Legacy Company's decision to award the stadium to West Ham before that bid to purchase the stadium collapsed.

My point is having Spurs and WH share, might make more financial sense than Leyton Orient and WH. Spurs are still looking to move out of White Hart Lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

British soccer forum ==>>>

They sought judicial review over the Olympic Park Legacy Company's decision to award the stadium to West Ham before that bid to purchase the stadium collapsed.

My point is having Spurs and WH share, might make more financial sense than Leyton Orient and WH. Spurs are still looking to move out of White Hart Lane.

And my point is is that Spuds are NOT interested anymore, they were only interested because WHUFC were.

They have planning permission to build where they are at White Hart Lane, they were just being awkward in seeking judicial review in order to stop WHUFC stay in their own area, spuds aren't even in the borough of Newham. Spuds even hired private detectives to spy on WHUFC staff, and there is an ongoing investigation into this.

WHUFC will not be sharing with Leyton Orient. LOL :D:D. It won't be happening. Barry Hearn thinks he's bigger than he is, all he wants is a payoff, simples.

Seanchai wrote: »
    British soccer forum ==>>>

Yawn, it's been said, nothing wrong with it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Soccer Forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement