Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FÁS or TÚS

Options
  • 13-08-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello

I am looking for some advice.

I applied for a FÁS course a couple of months ago since I was having no luck finding work and was told I am on the list but the course doesn't start until the end of September so I expect there will be some wait. About two weeks ago I received a TÚS letter from the social and after sending it back, I received an interview with the local development company in the South East. The interview went well and I was delighted for the help. The problem is I really want to do the FÁS course as I know of someone who is willing to give me Full Time work at the end of the course since I would then have the necessary qualification for them (according to them) but the TÚS manager has given me a two week deadline to decide which one I want to do. She said even though FÁS is a great option for me at this time, she would also have a placement available for me and would need to know within the week or two at maximum. FÁS will not know if I have the course until nearer the start date, which is still a few weeks away and TÚS does not seem too willing to wait but if I go with TÚS for a couple of weeks I would not qualify for FÁS.
    If I chose FÁS would my current payments on JSA be cut off even though I have back ups lined up so I would not be on the JSA in the future? I hope someone has some advice for me, I am very confused with the whole thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,939 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

FAS (or whatever they're called today) run TUS schemes overall.

Can you go in and explain the situation to them, see if they can get any inside info on whether you'll get the course or not? (They might not say for definite, but could possibly give you sense of your chances.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I think TUS is run by the Dept of Social Protection. http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/RuralandCommunitySupports/Pages/tusfaq.aspx#1

Lillialani I think you need to get more detail on the TUS Placement, and the Delay on the other course. At the moment you don't seem to have enough info to make a decision.

Advertisement