Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie to Boards and Fish Tanks :-)

Options
  • 13-08-2012 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi everyone

i'm a newbie to boards so please be patient with me if ye can
    i'm looking to set up my fish tank.
    here are the details : bought it on donedeal - new never used 330 litres Clearseal tank is 91cm wide 46 cm deep 79cm high comes with unit also, also some lights, gadgets, bottles etc etc came with it also.
    i've been to 2 petshops locally and they are both saying the opposite, i dont know if its sales talk or what, so i'm on here to ask people that have tanks what would they recommend
    ok heres my questions -
    1) do i use tap water or bottle water to set up,
    2) do i use internal or external filter, and how much etc etc
    3) how long do i leave water in tank with or without solution before i add fish
    4) i'm looking to do a tropical tank, with fish that will live and be happy togehter, i don't want anything that will be dominant. maybe tetra's (neons), cichlids, guppies ( these are names i've been getting while looking)
    5) what fish would you use to clean the glass of the tank and base.....
    one of the shops said snails ??? the other said definitely not ???
    6) i had a tank years ago and of course my ex looked at it, and after our break up i've wanted to set up a tank for sooooo long, i'm just about to move into house so i want to set it up to the best i can do.
    o.k guys and gals, i hope i havent' asked too much off ye, i'm in the Mallow, North Cork area if you know of any shop with assistant that would give me good advice as appose to sales talk.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 21 suziek21

hi thanks for your quick reply, when i noticed where i had posted i went and re posted to aquarium forum after that. can i now deletetd this thread or should i leave it here. thanks again "Spear"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You can't delete a thread once someone has replied to your first post, but there's no need. It'll get archived in a few weeks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 suziek21

thanks again Spear :-)

Advertisement