Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike shop in town?

Options
  • 13-08-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

I was shocked at a recent posters thread regarding their bike getting sold by a bike shop in town.

I have recently decided to boycott another well known bike shop who have put used tubes into my bike on three separate occasions and charged me full whack. In each case I got a puncture within a week.

I'm now completely at a loss of where to go for bike repairs / parts.

There is only one other shop I know of, that is down in woodquay but haven't managed to catch them open even at normal opening hours.

Is there only three bike shops in Galway? I know there's one on tuam road but it's too far away for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

dafunk wrote: »
    I have recently decided to boycott another well known bike shop who have put used tubes into my bike on three separate occasions and charged me full whack. In each case I got a puncture within a week.
    atch them open even at normal opening hours.

THREE TIMES? The person behind the counter must've been a hottie.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Have you tried the place on Fishery Field? Looks like the majority of business done there are repairs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

For repairs I'd use Kearney's or Nigels 9 times out of 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

I have gone to Garry's Cycles in Ballybane several times and found them to be very cheap and reasonable- far superior to On Your Bike which I used previously. Their bike mechanic doesn't work every day, so same day pick up isn't always possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Paddyfield wrote: »
    dafunk wrote: »
    atch them open even at normal opening hours.

THREE TIMES? The person behind the counter must've been a hottie.

Haha. Well the first time I thought it was just fluke, the second and third times were when I replaced both front and back a day apart so the second and third went together.

Thanks for the suggestions all.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

topcat77 wrote: »
    Have you tried the place on Fishery Field? Looks like the majority of business done there are repairs.

Yes. And I won't be returning for reasons outlined above.

Advertisement