Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcoole Breakins

Options
  • 13-08-2012 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I heard there were a load of breakins last night in Holywell and the estate beside Holywell last night in Kilcoole, does anyone have any more info on this? All i heard was there was 4 breakins in Holywell and 7 in the estate beside it in the middle of the night around 3am, Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

avg wrote: »
    Hi,

I heard there were a load of breakins last night in Holywell and the estate beside Holywell last night in Kilcoole, does anyone have any more info on this? All i heard was there was 4 breakins in Holywell and 7 in the estate beside it in the middle of the night around 3am, Thanks
    That's interesting,I saw a couple of dodgy young lads last night,can you pm me pls with details if you have any regarding where in Holywell,ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HoodedCrow

You heard wrong.....don't believe everything you hear! 11 Break-ins in one night in such a small area, no reports to the gardai! Sleep tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mexicanbandit

:eek: Pretty Savage if it was even half that amount. over 1 is to much

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

There were 4 houses broken into last week in Holywell, friends house was one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

Guys have heard of more possible attempted break ins in Holywell the past few days, please be vigilent. Guards were down with a neighbour last weekend and they was saying they are mainly targetting houses without alarms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I received a pm about this thread. I have removed a number of posts for security reasons.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matjay

Guys all I can say is be very vigilant when it comes to leaving your home and if you do not have an alarm, get one, you can PM me and I can tell you the guys name/number that did mine for me. They do specials on pre-wired houses.

I understand the moderator removed the recent posts due to security reasons, but the method of break in is well known already. The posts were only intended for information purposes only.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I was asked to remove the posts because a poster felt that indicating how break ins are happening is an invitation for more break ins

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matjay

I was asked to remove the posts because a poster felt that indicating how break ins are happening is an invitation for more break ins

I can totally understand that. But topic of discussion is already well know and used an awful lot. People were just trying to use Boards.ie to help other users recognise the problem and fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

matjay wrote: »
    I can totally understand that. But topic of discussion is already well know and used an awful lot. People were just trying to use Boards.ie to help other users recognise the problem and fix it.

Any further problems with moderation please use the PM function.

• Advertisement
Advertisement