Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pasta Salad with Spinach & Pine Nuts Recipe

Options
  • 13-08-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi guys, bit of a total beginner question but here goes! Just after having a gorgeous pasta salad from Marks - Pasta, Spinach and Pine Kernals with pesto dressing. It really hit the spot and got me wondering could I do the same thing at home. Would anyone have a recipe/instructions for something similar that I could follow? I am not an experienced cook, but trying to get into making my own rather than buying from the store. The salad just seems to be bow-tie pasta, spinach leaves, pine nuts and pecorino or parmesan cheese, tossed in olive oil. My problem is that I am not quite comfortable with how much of each to put in. Could anyone advise? Are there any extra ingredients that you can think of that would make it even more tasty?
    Thanks!
    Bill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

BillyBoy wrote: »
    Hi guys, bit of a total beginner question but here goes! Just after having a gorgeous pasta salad from Marks - Pasta, Spinach and Pine Kernals with pesto dressing. It really hit the spot and got me wondering could I do the same thing at home. Would anyone have a recipe/instructions for something similar that I could follow? I am not an experienced cook, but trying to get into making my own rather than buying from the store. The salad just seems to be bow-tie pasta, spinach leaves, pine nuts and pecorino or parmesan cheese, tossed in olive oil. My problem is that I am not quite comfortable with how much of each to put in. Could anyone advise? Are there any extra ingredients that you can think of that would make it even more tasty?
    Thanks!
    Bill

It's pretty handy to make if you use a pre-mixed pesto (not the jar kind, it has to come out of a refrigerated section to not taste like ass :).

I'd take 350g ish of bowties (aka farfalle!), cook until just done. Drain and put into a big bowl to cool. Add the loosely chopped raw spinach, and stir through, then stir in enough pesto to coat it nicely, which I'd estimate at being 1-2 tablespoons or thereabouts.

Then get a small handful of pinenuts and fry them gently in olive oil til they are lightly browned all over. Take them out and let them cool off, then stir into your pasta salad. You could add some extra parmesan, but it's not 100% necessary since the pesto already has loads of cheese in it.

Yum!

Also fyi the price of pinenuts is ridiculously variable - anything from 27 - 60 euro a kilo depending on what brand you get. As far as I know the best deal is in lidl, they sell little bags in the dried fruit and nuts section.

Advertisement