Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO sighting in Dublin/Drumcondra

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭street

@STREET: Looking for concrete answers? Shure you've been given plenty concrete answers but you are disregarding them without giving and evidence to show they are anything else. It seems you want to convince yourself that it was of extraterrestrial origin and are on here seeking for people to tell you what you want to hear. The consensus on here, by a large margin, is that it's a Chinese lantern. Will you please answer my question and explain to us why it is you think it is not a CL? You can't just disregard the possibility without giving a rational arguement. Answer please.........

I've answered your question. How are they concrete? Did anyone who's posted see the exact same object today and discovered it to be a CL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

OP have you asked and searched around the area where you live to see if anyone there noticed anything ?

^^^^^^You have just backed yourself into an utterly ludicrous position. You are calling people childish left right and centre while at the same time spouting rubbish about extraterrestrial craft and refusing to accept rational aguements. We are all still awaiting your arguement as to why its not a chinese lantern.

You really don't listen, do you? Btw I'm not the one making childish comments and looking for arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

street wrote: »
    Show me the post where I said "It's not a Chinese Lantern"

Here:
    I'll take your word for it as regards the lanterns but yeah I don't believe it was one of them.

:P

Was it like these? It's a link to a YouTube clip where a guy thinks he spots a UFO but is unsure as to whether it is a lantern or not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ey8rt4pF8I&sns=em

Hope u find out what it was once and for all

Thanks Midnight. It was similar but much lower so.. Based on the percentage of people who've said it was a lantern, that's probably what it was but until I speak to someone else who saw the exact same object as I did and found it to be a CL, how can I be sure?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Thanks Midnight. It was similar but much lower so.. Based on the percentage of people who've said it was a lantern, that's probably what it was but until I speak to someone else who saw the exact same object as I did and found it to be a CL, how can I be sure?[/QUOTE]

You can always ask on boards.ie,There ever so helpfull :p;)

Galadriel wrote: »

I'll take your word for it as regards the lanterns but yeah I don't believe it was one of them.

:P

Can you read? I said I didn't believe it to be one of them. Nowhere in that statement did I say it definitely was not one or couldn't be one. And I've given the reasons why I thought it was/might be something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

Clearly it was:

humans.jpg

realies wrote: »
    Thanks Midnight. It was similar but much lower so.. Based on the percentage of people who've said it was a lantern, that's probably what it was but until I speak to someone else who saw the exact same object as I did and found it to be a CL, how can I be sure?[/QUOTE]

You can always ask on boards.ie,There ever so helpfull :p;)

:pac:

realies wrote: »
    OP have you asked and searched arounde the area where you live to see if anyone there noticed anything ?

No I haven't realies.. They'd probably give me a slap in the head and say "It was a Chinese Lantern ya dope!" ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Maybe this will help:
    ufo1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Right...that helicopter is back. Flying around over the house for 10 minutes now (Beaumont area)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

OP, did you have a blackout and wake up with a sore bum? If so, you were probably "probed", and it was more than likely aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 archiekelly

On Sunday morning 9th of September at 1.30am I was driving from Dublin to Navan (northbound) on the M3, and just at the Clonee intersection, I too noticed and witnessed an object which would very closely resemble what Street has described.

This object was also moving like what Street described in an intelligent manner, there was a constant movement and rhythm to its speed that would very likely render the possibility of it being a floating object like which have been suggested here to be a Chinese lantern to be highly impossible.

Let me quickly explain.
    The object was moving at a fairly constant speed, at what I would guess to be 2,000 feet. It moved roughly southwards, in a parallel fashion to the M3 roadway, and after a short while, it changed direction, and started to travel roughly north, again in a parallel fashion to the road. Now of course, being an amateur pilot, I understand completely that convection currents could in theory move a floating object in this manner. The object then changed direction once more, and finally headed roughly eastwards, in what I would say was in the direction of Dublin Airport.

Now, the main reason why I would dismiss the possibility of it being a lantern, is that its main source of light, (which was a redish-orange colour) was coming from the front. This object appeared to cone-shaped, with the opening at the front. It has the exact same characteristics that Street described, so here we have 2 separate sightings of the same apparent object. I discussed this sighting with family the next morning and after curiosity overtook me earlier, I was compelled to search google, and immediately came across this forum. I have no reason to fabricate any story, I have too busy a life-style to go to the trouble even of fabricating such a story. I know exactly what I saw, and I am convinced it is what Street has also seen.

So I will conclude on this. The object is highly unlikely to be a lantern, because its movements are too smooth and regular, and the source of light came from the front. That is absolutely accurate. Someone must know what this is, if we have 2 different sightings within a month, there have to be numerous others. Unfortunately I only had my mobile phone on me at the time, with a poor quality camera, so i did not record any footage of it, also partially because I was intrigued and slightly overwhelmed by the object.

Anyone else care to shed any more light on this?

Advertisement