Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone repair Galway

• 13-08-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi I need to get the screen on my iPhone 4s screen replaced anyone know of anywhere that does this apart from "Fonez" in the shopping center? They quoted me €100. I know it will be expensive but €100 seems like a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Older thread with suggestions here
    You could do it DIY if you're handy around technical things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

While the 3GS is relatively simple DIY, I'm lead to believe the 4/4s are much more tricky!

I used Fonez a few months ago for an iPhone 4, it was 80 euro I think. The 4s is more expensive for some reason. They did a good job, looked factory fresh after.

I also tried Electronic Partners on Eglington street and they were about 10 euro more expensive and couldn't do it that day I tried them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Thanks! I will try the place above carbon! Wouldn't attempt it myself.. €100 is so much money though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

cat_xx wrote: »
    Thanks! I will try the place above carbon! Wouldn't attempt it myself.. €100 is so much money though!

Yeah the place above carbon was the one I tried which was dearer than Fonez.

Another option (all be it dearer!) is send it back to apple. They'll send you a refurb (effectively a new phone). If the phone was giving you other problems as well as the broken screen, I'd do this.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Yeah the place above carbon was the one I tried which was dearer than Fonez.

Another option (all be it dearer!) is send it back to apple. They'll send you a refurb (effectively a new phone). If the phone was giving you other problems as well as the broken screen, I'd do this.

I don't know if I can send it back to apple as the phone isn't registered. It got the phone on my mums upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

€70-€80 is the going rate for a decent quality replacement screen for a 4S, and although the 4S and 4 screen are physically the same screen the bezel brackets are in different positions and parts suppliers charge roughly $5/€5 more for them.
    you can use your original bezel if its not damaged

€70-€80 is the going rate for a decent quality replacement screen for a 4S, and although the 4S and 4 screen are physically the same screen the bezel brackets are in different positions and parts suppliers charge roughly $5/€5 more for them.
    you can use your original bezel if its not damaged

From looking online it's 70-80 euro in Dublin but in Galway it's 100-120! Can't understand this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

cat_xx wrote: »
    From looking online it's 70-80 euro in Dublin but in Galway it's 100-120! Can't understand this.

register post it to Dublin, most repairers including myself will include registered return postage in the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rhino507

Hi I got my phone repaired in fonez - the owner is the rudest man I have ever come across and I would recommend giving business to people who deserve it.

Advertisement