Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you do?

• 13-08-2012 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

So, I was in the post office the other day and I decided to finally cash in an old scratchcard I found stuffed into a pocket in my wallet, It was worth 4euro.

When I gave it to the girl behind the desk she asked me 'would I like another ticket or just my money back?' I said my money please and she commented on how I 'obviously wasn't a gambling woman'...Then she she asked me was I sure that I didn't want to buy a Euromillions because it was worth 180 million that night, that I'd still be up one euro in the end. ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY MILLION:eek:

So I bought the ticket. I was telling my friend about this and about how if I won that I'd be going back to find that girl and give her at least one million of the prize money. That the only reason I even kneww about the draw and bought that ticket was because of her and its the least I could do!

He does not get this. He maintains that its waaaay too much money to give away for this reason and he probably would throw her a few quid and a card at most! I find this terrible and just wondered what other people would do? Honestly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭JamieKCCO

Donate it to a charity of her choosing just to see the look on her face :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I think I saw this movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

It would depend on how hot she was.(male opinion obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Its custom to give the person who sold you the ticket something if you win big. I think you're figure sounds about right, I'd give the same amount if I won the euromillions jackpot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Don't be giving that bitch any money!
    That fact that you owon should be enough for her knowing statistically, she will now never ever win!

I'm such a cnut :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Usually drink
    usually dance
    usually babble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Usually drink
    usually dance
    usually babble

Unfortunately, this will get buried, because it wasn't the first post.

But very well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Definitely a couple of million.

I'd be trying to figure out how best to give 95% of it away tbh. A few million would see me live out my life in luxury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I would, you'd set someone up to live comfortably for life, the interest alone on your winnings would let you live like a king.

well maybe not a king, definitely a duke of some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I'd be trying to figure out how best to give 95% of it away tbh. A few million would see me live out my life in luxury.

I'll happily take a couple of million if you ever win - just to help you out :D.

• Advertisement

Yeah I definitely agree that's way too much money. If I won all that now, I would probably be guaranteed to be dead of an overdose within 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'd put all the money into vault and swim in it like scrooge mcduck

1ZRed wrote: »
    Yeah I definitely agree that's way too much money. If I won all that now, I would probably be guaranteed to be dead of an overdose within 5 years.

See the post above!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lesserspottedchloe

Usually drink
    usually dance
    usually babble

:D Ha! Suuure, I could've said:

I bought a Euromillions ticket due to the persuasion of a post office assistant. If I win I'll give her a million. My friend disagrees. Discuss.

But thankfully, I didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I'd put all the money into vault and swim in it like scrooge mcduck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Heard that Kate Taylor boxing club got a toilet this year , well I would buy them a ladies toilet and go down and install it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

If some chick sold me a winning loto ticket for the euromillions, i'd go back to find her, then ask her if she was married / had a fella, then make him an offer of 1 million euro to spend one night with her ....

See the post above!

Either way you seem to be going to clean up! How generous of you to take some of the pressure off us :p

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lesserspottedchloe

I'd be trying to figure out how best to give 99% of it away tbh. A few million would see me live out my life in luxury.

Agreed! You could do a lot for a lot of people with that kind of money. I didn't tell him that
    just incase he started crying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I might give myself a decade.:D I've a penchant for fine liquor and with 180,000,000 in the bank I'd see myself enjoying a playboy lifesytle living on a yacht moored in Monaco.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

laylah wrote: »
    Agreed! You could do a lot for a lot of people with that kind of money.

You know what would be really cool?

Buying someone a house or giving them a million and not telling them it was you. Just personal satisfaction due to pure altruism.

I'd love to be a secret millionaire going around giving people stuff but not telling them it was me.

Either way you seem to be going to clean up! How generous of you to take some of the pressure off us :p

That's me, too generous for my own good;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

That's me, too generous for my own good;).

You are a changed woman, I'll put it down to that period of 'reflection' you just had in the slammer :pac:

kfallon wrote: »
    You are a changed woman, I'll put it down to that period of 'reflection' you just had in the slammer :pac:

It was like a long, dark night of the soul. I'm a changed woman:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

If she was ugly I wouldn't give her any money on the basis it might be too much for her and she may enter a downward spiral into drugs and alcohol and ruin her life.

If she was hot, I wouldn't give her any money. Instead, I'd ask her out and we'd have some fun, before I inevitably get bored, break up with her and still not give her any money. I would pay for things in the mean time though.

It was like a long, dark night of the soul. I'm a changed woman:D.

You know what they say about people who change .... it's just the calm before the relapse ..

Now in other news , anyone wanna recommend a good shrinks number ? I need to spend my euromillions winnings on something :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

You know what they say about people who change .... it's just the calm before the relapse ..

Now in other news , anyone wanna recommend a good shrinks number ? I need to spend my euromillions winnings on something :D:D

0818-bad-pnda.

I'll tell you the harsh realities! No sugar coating how I think you're wasting your time on earth and if you really were serious you'd 'jump'.

Bad Panda wrote: »
    0818-bad-pnda.

I'll tell you the harsh realities! No sugar coating how I think you're wasting your time on earth and if you really were serious you'd 'jump'.

I prefer bad santa's outlook tbh .. but appreciate the honesty :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Unfortunately, this will get buried, because it wasn't the first post.

This isn't reddit, posts can't do that here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement