Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farewell & Welcome

• 13-08-2012 1:05pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

sNarah has decided to step down as a Moderator of this forum. There are rumours of her having a real life, but that can't be true, can it?

I would like to thank sNarah for all the work she has put in as a volunteer here. It is appreciated and you will be missed.

To replace sNarah in the Moderation Team is dirtyghettokid, who is very active here. Your Ban Hammer is ready.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Great choice!

Sorry to see Sarah go :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Welcome Dirtyghettokid, you can now use the secret lounge :)

Thanks Snarah :) not forgotten!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Sarah was pretty. I doubt DGK will be as pretty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

ah Congrats dirtyghettokid! Welcome along :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

haha thanks guys! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

congrats, eh ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Best of luck sNarah in whatever you do now, welcome dirtyghettokid to modding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Sarah was pretty. I doubt DGK will be as pretty.

diya hear adonis !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Ah AnimalRights, I ♥ you too!
    Now, seriously, a wee bye bye post etc.

So, as you probably all know, the Irish boy dragged me back to Belgium and we now live in the pretty city of Leuven, where the beer is cheap and the girls are pretty (seriously, women are frikkin skinny here and we eat chips like mad).

With the new job I just found too little time to keep up with this place, though in fairness, it has been nice and quite here for a while now, with the spammers being the main reasons for action (yay all of you).

We've had some great moments here, and I've been cursing like a madwoman behind the keyboard on some instances à la this:
    duty_calls.png
    I joined boards as a young pup in just before crimbo 2008, asking what camera I should buy (really, I even used the words "to take my photography to the next level, #cringe) and was told to come back after I'd gotten my X-mass prezzie camera and show some pics. So I did. The pics are gone now though (killed Flickr) but everyone was so nice!

As I had just moved to Ireland with the Irish boy, I didn't know many people so I decided to see if any boardsies attended the Drogheda Camera Club, which I joined after this thread. At that point I also thought Dink was a boy :rolleyes:

Fast forward 4 years and I'm back in Belgium but through Boards I found myself a great social life in Ireland and made some very dear friends (who now fly to Belgium for beer-testing purposes). I went on many photowalks (the first one way so scary!), did People's photography, launched 2 boards photobooks and spent 2 FANTASTIC weekends in Charleville, while meeting deadly people all along the way.

So in a way, thank you photography forum for giving me my own social life in Ireland!

I am missing the country a wee bit, certainly the craic, and always feel a bit sad to miss things when I see them passing on Twitter... But anyway, I'm planning a Belgian-Beer-Photowalk at some point (been too frigging busy up to now) so maybe see some of yous then!

Until then, Boards, it's been a blast.

Pew Pew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

Best of luck sNarah and to dirtyghettokid.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

sNarah wrote: »
    But anyway, I'm planning a Belgian-Beer-Photowalk at some point

*sitting here tapping fingers patiently* as is MissusP&B :)

Best of luck and hope Mr. sNarah is settling in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

*sitting here tapping fingers patiently* as is MissusP&B :)

Best of luck and hope Mr. sNarah is settling in.

Who does the best prices for flights to Belgium?

Who does the best prices for flights to Belgium?

No idea but if Aer Lingus go there I'll be flying with them. If it's Ryanair, I'd rather take the ferry....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Air Lingus flies directly into Brussels and is cheap enough (70 quid give or take) when booked early.
    Ryanair defo a lot cheaper but lands in "brussels South" (aka France) which is 2.5hrs away

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i, for one, welcome our new ghetto overlord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i, for one, welcome our new ghetto overlord.

3peh5x.jpg

look forward to working with the other mods here.
    yis are all a great bunch .. d'aww :D

best of luck sarah!

i'll be back in ireland next week -- & will be online more than 5 mins a day :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

No idea but if Aer Lingus go there I'll be flying with them. If it's Ryanair, I'd rather take the ferry....

Aer Lingus are cheap enough if you book far enough in advance and they are having a sale. Direct train from Brussels airport to Leuven too

sNarah wrote: »
    when booked early.

You say "when" and we'll book :D

Advertisement